• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A won't start

Guyfang

Staff member
If its nosediving like that, you aren't saving it.
Depends. The Optima is a battery that often, when its put on a SMART charger, can be saved. I used to use a dumb charger, to blast the optima, for an over night charge. THEN use a smart charger on it. And back then, an Army smart charger, would not even hold a candle to one you can buy today. Like Dan said, why not try it?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 34/78 is the OEM size, but for my inventory needs its way easier to just stock a single size that fits both 802s and 803s. I have not found any performance difference to speak of with the different size.

steelydan

I tried charging the Optima with my Battery Tender, but it still wouldn't start the genset.
So I drained the water seperator (though it doesn't look at all like what the manual shows..)
Then, before I went out and bought new batteries, I decided to hook up my Harbor Freight 12V Jump Starter in place of the dead battery, and it worked. Started right up.
So now I'm thinking it may be cheaper @ $80 and more versatile to just buy another HF Jump Starter, keep them charged in the house, and hook them up to the generator when I need to start it.

quartermeter

I tried charging the Optima with my Battery Tender, but it still wouldn't start the genset.
So I drained the water seperator (though it doesn't look at all like what the manual shows..)
Then, before I went out and bought new batteries, I decided to hook up my Harbor Freight 12V Jump Starter in place of the dead battery, and it worked. Started right up.
So now I'm thinking it may be cheaper @ $80 and more versatile to just buy another HF Jump Starter, keep them charged in the house, and hook them up to the generator when I need to start it.
Po

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks