• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 804a Radiator... where to find one??

Fmeroney

Hey all,
I may need a radiator for my MEP 804a. I pulled it out today and there is definitely a leak. there seems to be a fair bit of corrosion inside so I’m not sure if it’s salvageable, but I will bring it to a repair shop to see what they say.

However, just in case it’s junk, I have been searching for a new one. however I cannot find one anywhere?!?! Is there some magical place to find these parts?

The part number is 88-22167, any leads would be greatly appreciated!

-Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m32825

When I took my radiator to the shop for cleaning I asked them about a replacement. They said they'd unsolder the ends of the existing one and solder a new core into the middle. The way they clean them out involves taking one end off to rod it out, then soldering it back on. As long as the ends are in good shape you've got options.

-- Carl

Fmeroney

When I took my radiator to the shop for cleaning I asked them about a replacement. They said they'd unsolder the ends of the existing one and solder a new core into the middle. The way they clean them out involves taking one end off to rod it out, then soldering it back on. As long as the ends are in good shape you've got options.

-- Carl
That’s good to hear! What does it cost to clean it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m32825

That’s good to hear! What does it cost to clean it?
I took mine to the radiator shop and they unsoldered one whole end to clean it out, then put it back on again, cleaned and painted the outside, then pressure tested it to 20psi. Cost was about $130 and was done in one day.

-- Carl

Guyfang

Staff member
DIESEL RADIATOR CO. 1990 JANICE AVE MELROSE PARKIL60160-1008UNITED STATES
JOHN BOYD ENTERPRISES INCDBA J B ENTERPRISESDIV JB RADIATOR SPECIALTIES, INC 8401 SPECIALTY CIR SACRAMENTOCA95828-2523UNITED STATES
LIBBY POWER SYSTEMS LLC 35 SARGENT DR BETHANYCT06524-3135UNITED STATES
MODINE MFG CO 1500 DEKOVEN AVE RACINEWI53401UNITED STATES
POROBOND PRODUCTS, LLC 80 SANFORD ST HAMDENCT06514-1707UNITED STATES
GO DAN INDUSTRIES 100 GANDO DR NEW HAVENCT06513-1204UNITED STATES
DRS CONSOLIDATED CONTROLS, INC.

The above list firms all supplied the item to the government. NSN :2930-01-368-1071
Org cost: $515.00

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks