• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804A Transporting

kwartk

Fellow Steelers; bought an MEP-804A on an M200A1 trailer, and looking to tow from OH to PA.. Is it safe to tow ? I dont know whether the trailer brakes work or not.. Any advice much appreciated.

*****update Mon 8 Nov***

I no longer need the trailer , rather more the Genset. is it easy to remove the bolts holding the Genset onto the Trailer?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Fellow Steelers; bought an MEP-804A on an M200A1 trailer, and looking to tow from OH to PA.. Is it safe to tow ? I dont know whether the trailer brakes work or not.. Any advice much appreciated.
Depending on what it looks like, tires, what you are pulling it with, etc

kwartk

Hello I was thinkin a Toyota Tundra truck.. I was adviced best to use a 3/4 Ton truck so will likely look to renting a FD 250...I am not really sure of the tire condition, so looks like another dimension I need to factor and decide whether its worth me towing or getting a tow company to transport to PA...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello I was thinkin a Toyota Tundra truck.. I was adviced best to use a 3/4 Ton truck so will likely look to renting a FD 250...I am not really sure of the tire condition, so looks like another dimension I need to factor and decide whether its worth me towing or getting a tow company to transport to PA...
Same tires on that 200 go on a deuce so finding them isn't too hard and they are cheap. if it's a single tire 200 then those are common commercial tires to stop and replace if need be.

kwartk

Update to my original post re transporting an MEP-804A mounted on a Trailer.
****update Mon 8 Nov***

I no longer need the trailer , rather more the Genset. is it easy to remove the bolts holding the Genset onto the Trailer?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Update to my original post re transporting an MEP-804A mounted on a Trailer.
****update Mon 8 Nov***

Just a few 5/8" bolts

Last edited:

kwartk

Hey @kwartk good morning. If you don't end up towing it I can get it hauled from OH to PA for you. In the meantime if you want a transport quote to have as a back up plan I can do that. I would just need pick up zip and delivery zip. Feel free to reach out directly @ 484-431-9509 or nick@unitedstatesoffreight.com. Have great day!
Hello, looking to have it towed so will send destination info to the tel number you provided...Is that a cell phone, so i can send text/pics?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks