MEP-804A White Smoke from Generator Head behind L4 Lug - No Amp or Hertz on Gauges

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The resistance reading is taken across the wires removed from the terminals.
Not across the terminals of A1.

Have a good evening!

scharpestguy

The resistance reading is taken across the wires removed from the terminals.
Not across the terminals of A1.

Have a good evening!
Ok, I checked the A1 and Terminal 1 & 3 wires. I was wondering what A1 was but finally saw the A1 in the bottom left on the blue box to the right of the Fuse Mod. For those newbies like me when you run this test just take a flat head and loosen the screw, do not remove the screw as I promise you will drop it once or even twice like I did and it will hide under the wires at the bottom. The wires have a spade connector so it can slide in and out.

The Ohms on these two wires that were disconnected from the A1 was ~35ohms. Is this good/bad? Thank you all.

scharpestguy

Out of curiosity, is your Hz select switch missing? Looks like the alternator fuse is missing as well.
Ray, it is out of the panel but still there laying down. The nut and washer are still on it but won't slide off the end so I'm thinking the end unscrews and I need to get this remounted to the panel. This was a machine I got from an auction of a private individual who was auctioning off his fabrication shop and all his military equipment he had purchased over the years so I don't know the history or why but I will get it all fixed up with your help and sharing your knowledge with me. Thank you.

scharpestguy

Out of curiosity, is your Hz select switch missing? Looks like the alternator fuse is missing as well.
Ray, reading over this again you are correct that the Alternator fuse is missing. The cap or what not is missing, any idea on how to source a replacement and any ideas on which fuse should go back in?

Ok, using the manuals I found the parts diagram and it appears I need the following:

9 PAOZZ PAOZZ 81349 F03A125V30A ..FUSE, CARTRIDGE 1
10 PAOZZ PAOZZ 81349 FHN26G1 ..FUSEHOLDER, EXTRACTO 1 - ORDERED OFF EBAY

Found the fuses above in a UK Ebay listing, is there another fuse that I could use that might have a different part number?

Last edited:

Guyfang

I plugged the part number in the U.S. Ebay and found your UK listing, and if you go farther down, you will find some in the states. Remember, 30 Amp, 250 volt. I bet if you plugged in the NSN for the fuse, it would come up also. We need to get you up to speed using the TM's. Also, look very carefully in the control cube, for the cap and fuse. Often it is hidden behind something after falling out. More often it has been stolen.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't find the cap you can easily replace the fuse holder with a new commonly available one from many parts suppliers. A real good hardware store may have one. Needs to be rated for 30 amps 250 volts minimum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks