• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B cranks and starts sporadically

Barn-1

I have been running this MEP once every week or two since I got it in August '23. From time to time it won't crank. The fuel pump runs but it will not turn over. I can try it a few days later and it will start. I am new to Steel Soldiers so forgive me if I have missed a thread that covers this. It will crank with the manual switch but will not with S1. After it won't crank the low oil pressure light comes on. Any help will be appreciated. I have the manual, but this is my first MEP, so go easy on me.

Guyfang

Staff member
I have been running this MEP once every week or two since I got it in August '23. From time to time it won't crank. The fuel pump runs but it will not turn over. I can try it a few days later and it will start. I am new to Steel Soldiers so forgive me if I have missed a thread that covers this. It will crank with the manual switch but will not with S1. After it won't crank the low oil pressure light comes on. (This is normal. There is no engine oil pressure) Any help will be appreciated. I have the manual, but this is my first MEP, so go easy on me.

Open up the control panel and take a picture of the S1 start switch. Lets see what version you have.

Barn-1

I have been running this MEP once every week or two since I got it in August '23. From time to time it won't crank. The fuel pump runs but it will not turn over. I can try it a few days later and it will start. I am new to Steel Soldiers so forgive me if I have missed a thread that covers this. It will crank with the manual switch but will not with S1. After it won't crank the low oil pressure light comes on. Any help will be appreciated. I have the manual, but this is my first MEP, so go easy on me.
03/30 still having trouble. It ran fine last week and today nothing.

Barn-1

I have been running this MEP once every week or two since I got it in August '23. From time to time it won't crank. The fuel pump runs but it will not turn over. I can try it a few days later and it will start. I am new to Steel Soldiers so forgive me if I have missed a thread that covers this. It will crank with the manual switch but will not with S1. After it won't crank the low oil pressure light comes on. (This is normal. There is no engine oil pressure) Any help will be appreciated. I have the manual, but this is my first MEP, so go easy on me.

Open up the control panel and take a picture of the S1 start switch. Lets see what version you have.
Here are pictures of S1. The oil pressure gauge may be bad also. When it does start it pegs out over 80 psi.

Attachments

Barn-1

The S1 you have is what we call the Mark 2. It is a known problem child. This could very well be your problem. Look in the -24 TM for the test procedures for the switch.

Also make sure all the wires are tight on the switch.
Will do. The connections are good and tight, but I will test the switch this weekend. Thank You

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks