• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B Missing Gauges

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 4th guage is the volt meter. As for the source of them, the parts manual will give you the manufacture and part number. The ones on my 2 sets are pretty inaccurate so after market might be better. There was a mwo to change the rear tires from dual ndt's to singles.

WildernessJeep

The 4th guage is the volt meter. As for the source of them, the parts manual will give you the manufacture and part number. The ones on my 2 sets are pretty inaccurate so after market might be better. There was a mwo to change the rear tires from dual ndt's to singles.

So do you think it came with duals tires and was later changed to singles, or was this trailer always a single tire axle? I'd prefer the duals, if it would be as easy as buying two more rims. I want to load it down with fuel, and don't want to overload the tires.

R

Guyfang

Staff member
So do you think it came with duals tires and was later changed to singles, or was this trailer always a single tire axle? I'd prefer the duals, if it would be as easy as buying two more rims. I want to load it down with fuel, and don't want to overload the tires.
R
No, it did not come with duels. That's the way it was made. You will need more then lug nuts and thimbles. The axle is different also.

Would also suggest you down load the TM's, if you haven't already. Most of the gauges should be available, if you look for them by part number and NSN.

Guyfang

Staff member
Just looked at your pictures again. I think you are missing more then just gauges. R1 is gone also. Take pictures of the inside of the control panel. You may be a bit short of stuff there also.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it did not come with duels. That's the way it was made. You will need more then lug nuts and thimbles. The axle is different also.

Would also suggest you down load the TM's, if you haven't already. Most of the gauges should be available, if you look for them by part number and NSN.

Going the other way from duals to singles all you have to change is thimble removal and a lug nut change. What's different here?

I readily admit I might be missing something. Enlighten me...

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rim offset for the dual is too much to go from singles to duals. Duals to singles is no problem. The dual wheel rubs on the springs before you get the thimble on.

Reactions: 98G

Guyfang

Staff member
I was told by a TACOM guy back in 2009? that the axle was different. Just now, I went and looked at the parts TM. There are a few different part numbers between the two styles. But the axle is the same, between the dual and super single.

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks