• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 804b motor running bad and frequency swinging.

Jbear10

I have an Mep 804b. It has been running great then all of a sudden it started running bad. The engine is making a funny noise. The frequency is swinging bad.
I have changed the fuel filters, oil filter and oil.
Did d not help.
I thought well maybe it’s the MPU. I checked it and adjusted it to 3V. Did not make any difference. So I bought a new MPU from green mountain set to 3V still no change. I am attaching a video maybe someone can listen to the way it runs and tell me what I need to do next. Thought maybe it’s the A5 GCU but before I go that far I would like a second opinion.

Thanks for any input or feedback I definitely appreciate it.

Jbear10

Just wanted to give a update. I talked to a man who has a tractor that sounded like that and said it was a fuel problem on his. That got me to chasing down that rabbit hole. So I wound up changing out the Woodward controller this took care of the problem. It is running smooth and holding steady on freq. and voltage. I just pray that it last for awhile.
Thanks