• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B Single Phase Use Questions

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago in North America, 4160 was a popular distribution voltage, easily divided by a 10:1 ratio to 416.

It sees use only in non-upgraded facilities here.
That's interesting. Germany switched to 400VAC from 380VAC years ago and I believe so did NATO.
All Generators have the 24 VDC NATO Receptacle and other NATO members use those MEP's or AMMPS as well.
The Equipment is interchangeable.

I read somewhere if a 3 Phase Motor is rated for 460/230/208 then this motor can run on 416 (2x 208 ) which would make sense

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Motors are inductive devices, and respond to voltage swings with increased amp draw if run undervoltage, and vice-versa.

The bottom line is heat rise against horsepower demand. Stay within the specifications (i.e. service factor eTc) and they will have a long happy life.

DG

Guyfang

Staff member
That's interesting. Germany switched to 400VAC from 380VAC years ago and I believe so did NATO.
All Generators have the 24 VDC NATO Receptacle and other NATO members use those MEP's or AMMPS as well.
The Equipment is interchangeable.

I read somewhere if a 3 Phase Motor is rated for 460/230/208 then this motor can run on 416 (2x 208 ) which would make sense
This is correct. When I went to electrician's school here in Germany in 1993, you could get beat on the head for saying 380.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks