• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805A - CR-1 Diode and Resistor Part numbers and supply sources!

ErichLessing

My MEP 805A generator had no power to the entire control panel. During troubleshooting I discovered both wires melted off the CR-1 terminals. I am assuming that the batteries were installed incorrectly at some point.
I verified the new batteries I installed are correctly wired in series for 24 volts. I installed the negative cable first iaw the manual instructions. I need a part number and source to purchase a new DIODE for CR-1.

Any help would be appreciated.

MEP 805A CR-1 Diode.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
You wrote:
My MEP 805A generator had no power to the entire control panel. During troubleshooting I discovered both wires melted off the CR-1 terminals. I am assuming that the batteries were installed incorrectly at some point. I verified the new batteries I installed are correctly wired in series for 24 volts. I installed the negative cable first iaw the manual instructions. I need a part number and source to purchase a new DIODE for CR-1. Any help would be appreciated.

Batteries are always hooked up, Positive first, then Negative. Unhooked in reverse. Negative first, then Positive.

Be very careful soldering the CR-1 back onto the stand off's. They are plastic, and if you over heat them, they will break.

ErichLessing

You wrote:
My MEP 805A generator had no power to the entire control panel. During troubleshooting I discovered both wires melted off the CR-1 terminals. I am assuming that the batteries were installed incorrectly at some point. I verified the new batteries I installed are correctly wired in series for 24 volts. I installed the negative cable first iaw the manual instructions. I need a part number and source to purchase a new DIODE for CR-1. Any help would be appreciated.

Batteries are always hooked up, Positive first, then Negative. Unhooked in reverse. Negative first, then Positive.

Be very careful soldering the CR-1 back onto the stand off's. They are plastic, and if you over heat them, they will break.
Could I have caused the CR-1 wires to melt off of the terminals by hooking the negative cable to the batteries first upon installing the new batteries?

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could I have caused the CR-1 wires to melt off of the terminals by hooking the negative cable to the batteries first upon installing the new batteries?
No, BUT, The idea of connecting the positive first when installing and removing the negative first when removing is to lessen the potential short circuit hazard if a wrench or other tool accidently is dropped or comes in contact with the case of the generator.

If you connect the positive first, there is no potential for a short as the negative of the battery is still disconnected.

It's a good safety habit to get into and practice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks