• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805A will crank but Won`t Start.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can see the electric fuel pump on the right side of the photo, and the magnetic pickup at the top

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
S10 is the Dead Crank. If you want to turn it by hand, I would pull injectors. Then its easy. No compression. Should be able to just turn the fan, by hand.

ROTZINGER

Search the interweb for jdg820
Hey guys! update!
So I turned the engine using the nut on the crank pulley with a ratchet and through the hole where you would insert the JDG820 tool I inspected the flywheel tooth by tooth and there was a little ware in a few tooth but it seems like the normal starter engagement ware. Then I blew some compressed air through the magnetic pickup hole while the engine was running "manually" and a dust blew out through the turning tool hole and the vents on the side of the generator but not much... So I’m just sitting here looking at the MEP hoping an Alux (Mayan jungle gnome) or one of you guys has some insight on what would be the next step. I’m seriously starting to think guyfang was right and I did mess up the installation of the new one... But before I do that, is there anything you guys think might be hitting the pickup? I took the adapter nut out and there is a dent inside, ill attach a pic of it.WhatsApp Image 2019-06-08 at 3.24.03 PM (1).jpgWhatsApp Image 2019-06-08 at 3.24.03 PM.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
Take your Mag Pickup, (MPU) and screw it into the adapter. Will it go past the dent? I had that problem once, the MPU would not go past a dent in the adapter. When you screwed it in, it hit the dent, and everyone thought the MPU had gone to the bottom, and was resting on a tooth. Naturally, the MPU was too far from the flywheel and could not read the teeth, and the gen set would NOT run.

ROTZINGER

Fixed!

Take your Mag Pickup, (MPU) and screw it into the adapter. Will it go past the dent? I had that problem once, the MPU would not go past a dent in the adapter. When you screwed it in, it hit the dent, and everyone thought the MPU had gone to the bottom, and was resting on a tooth. Naturally, the MPU was too far from the flywheel and could not read the teeth, and the gen set would NOT run.
So it seems like you where right guyfang, I might have messed up without noticing because I installed the other new pickup and it ran perfectly! For extra safety I unscrewed the pickup 2 full turnes and it still runs perfect. Do you think this might cause problems?

Thanks! BR

Guyfang

Staff member
Remove the two leads, and have someone turn the engine over with S10. What do you get for an AC volt reading? But in the long run, if it works, then its good enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks