• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B & 806B voltage regulators

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have not been able to find manuals for the B versions with lcd screen. I have 2 versions of voltage regulators AVR100 96-23537 and AVR400 96-23542. Both look pretty much identical and both part numbers come back to the 30 and 60 kw B model tq gens. Does anyone know the difference if any? Is the 400 an upgrade?
Thanks
Will

Guyfang

Staff member
My guess is the AVR400 is for the 815B and 816B 400Hz units, but that's just a guess. Guyfang can probably tell us for sure.
Your guess is right!! NOW, keep in mind, there is a Parts manual that shows them backwards. The TM 9-6115-672-24P manual has a mistake about these parts. Disregard this manual when it come to control panel parts. Use the 30 KW manual.

Here is an easy way to tell what is what. The info below was taken from the parts manual TM 9-6115-671-24P, (30 KW manual) figure 5, item 61. Page, (PDF page number) 58.

61 PAOZZ PAOOO PAOZZ 30554 96-23542 REGULATOR,VOLTAGE.....................1UOC: LTY
61 PAOZZ PAOOO PAOZZ 0BXW5 AVR100 REGULATOR,VOLTAGE.....................1UOC: LTX

The highlighted info is the UOC. Usable on code. It tells you what set, 400 hertz or 60 hertz set the part goes in.

Un-coded items, (no UOC listed in the book, next to the part) are applicable to all models. Identification of the UOCs used in the RPSTL, (parts manual) are:

Code Used On
LTX Generator Set, Skid Mounted, Tactical Quiet, 30 KW, 50/60 Hz
LTY Generator Set, Skid Mounted, Tactical Quiet, 30 KW, 400 Hz

This info is listed in every parts manual in the Army. I found this info listed in the parts TM 9-6115-671-24P, page (PDF page number) 19

Superman,

NO, you can not use them interchangeably. There is several other differences between the 60 hertz and 400 hertz machines, besides the switch in the control panel.

Last edited:

baxter462

The CIM works for the 50/60hz and 400hz models, so I think the switch tells the CIM how to display the frequency correctly on the screen. I know there is also at least one more switch on one of the control modules to switch between 50/60 and 400hz. I believe it is a little dip switch on the governor/speed control module. The I/O module might also have one, I can't recall for sure. Maybe it's switch is to select between 30 and 60kW. Regardless, I guess the point I'm trying to make is not all the control modules in the cubical work for all variations of B model TQGs. Some (like the voltage regulator) are not interchangeable between 60 and 400hz (although I think they are interchangeable between 30 and 60kW of the same frequency), others like the CIM, I/O module, and speed controller need to have switches set appropriately, and others are interchangeable with no configuration changes necessary (like probably the synchronization module and maybe the backplane, but I'm just guessing).

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Why does the lcd control box have a switch for 400hz also?
To keep the R1 from being fried, when the set is changed from 60 hertz to 400 hertz. And tell the A5 to look for a different frequency. In theory, you can use the control box, with both frequencies. But you have to change a LOT of things to do that.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
The CIM works for the 50/60hz and 400hz models, so I think the switch, (you mean S12. It tells also the A5 that it need to look for a different frequency) tells the CIM how to display the frequency correctly on the screen. I know there is also at least one more switch on one of the control modules to switch between 50/60 and 400hz. I believe it is a little dip switch on the governor/speed control module, (and the backplane!!). The I/O module might also have one, I can't recall for sure. Maybe it's switch is to select between 30 and 60kW, (right you are!!). Regardless, I guess the point I'm trying to make is not all the control modules in the cubical work for all variations of B model TQGs. Some (like the voltage regulator) are not interchangeable between 60 and 400hz (although I think they are interchangeable between 30 and 60kW of the same frequency, Roger!!), others like the CIM, I/O module, and speed controller need to have switches set appropriately, and others are interchangeable with no configuration changes necessary (like probably the synchronization module and maybe the backplane, but I'm just guessing).
Don't need to guess! Look in the -24P, look at the UOC for the 60 hertz and 400 hertz parts. Whenever you see in the parts manual, that an ITEM number is listed twice, bells and horns should start to immediately sound in your head. The only reason is because there are different models of the same SIZE gen set. Be it 60 KW, or 500 KW. I can not count the times I went to fix something, and all it was, was the mechanic had ordered the wrong part, because he had no idea about what UOC ment.

Vjayjay

Low voltage

Don't need to guess! Look in the -24P, look at the UOC for the 60 hertz and 400 hertz parts. Whenever you see in the parts manual, that an ITEM number is listed twice, bells and horns should start to immediately sound in your head. The only reason is because there are different models of the same SIZE gen set. Be it 60 KW, or 500 KW. I can not count the times I went to fix something, and all it was, was the mechanic had ordered the wrong part, because he had no idea about what UOC ment.
I have a MEP-806B. I am getting a low voltage warning. When i use battle short i can get 60 volts when on the 208 setting. No matter the setting for voltage i still get 35v on each leg. Any help would be great. Iv also test then Exciter Stator and its at 29 ohms which according to the manual is within the tolerance thats accetable. Leads found at TB8 in the output box. Iv tried the increase voltage switch it doesnt change a thing. And advice from your experience would be vary helpful.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a MEP-806B. I am getting a low voltage warning. When i use battle short i can get 60 volts when on the 208 setting. No matter the setting for voltage i still get 35v on each leg. Any help would be great. Iv also test then Exciter Stator and its at 29 ohms which according to the manual is within the tolerance thats accetable. Leads found at TB8 in the output box. Iv tried the increase voltage switch it doesnt change a thing. And advice from your experience would be vary helpful.
Start your own thread, dont hijack someone elses. Today, there is a special on new threads, there will be no charge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks