• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-805b display issues

baxter462

Hello,

I have two mep-805b generators. One is a 2002 model year with a monochrome display. The other is a 2008 model year with a color display. On the newer unit, some of the text is really hard to read, like the text is comprised of several colors and they don't all line up. It makes the text look smeared/ghosted. I've noticed this same problem on several other units on Gov Planet, so it seems like a fairly common problem. Is anyone aware of a fix? I'd be comfortable disassembling the CIM to replace just the lcd screen, or cleaning connections inside of it, etc. What I don't want to do is replace the entire CIM. I prefer fixing things as opposed to replacing, but I was wondering if anyone else successfully repaired this problem before I venture into the CIM myself. Thanks!

Guyfang

Staff member
Have seen this problem with the new color CIM's. We could only change them, as the military doesn't want, (nor the part manufacturer) people fooling with stuff like this.

While there are some real smart guys in the SS, haven't heard of any repairing the CIM yet. There are several guys who have 400 hertz gen sets that they bought for parts. The CIM will fit both the 60 hertz and the 400 hertz model. I would assume, and that is always a good way to get in trouble, but assume that if you had the right test equipment, software and experience, fixing it might be an option. Perhaps someone else here can direct you to someone who has the gear and the knowledge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks