• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B "Low Voltage" issue when attempt to electrify output

wittkins

Hello all,
I have a relatively new generator... it was running great, with only 160 hours of use on it. I did my weekly hour long turn on to keep things humming and I am now getting an error message when I close the AC Circuit Interrupt. The Fault Indicator message states, Error, Low Voltage, Adjust Voltage. I have not option to increase or decrease the voltage. It was set to 220 Volts previously and worked fine. Now the thing won't produce power! The contractor position now remains open with no option to close it.

HELP!!
thanks in advance to the group. this form is great. Thus far I've been able to fix my dim CIM from your help and guides. Hope I can work through this one.

Regards,

Adam Wittkins

Guyfang

Staff member
So, when you do the initial start up, and hold the S1 in the start position, do your Gage's come up to the right hertz and voltage, and then drop off when you let go of the S1? Or nothing comes up?

Guyfang

Staff member
The good news is your getting excitation voltage. That's the 25 volts you see. If it were me, I would start at your main gen diode ring. You are getting Excititation, but the main gen won't light off.

wittkins

The good news is your getting excitation voltage. That's the 25 volts you see. If it were me, I would start at your main gen diode ring. You are getting Excititation, but the main gen won't light off.
Well, I am glad that is good news and truly appreciate the help! Bad news is while I am handy and can work on anything, I am not a generator mechanic so if it is not in the tech manuals you guys post or in a thread, I am in the dark.

I don't know what I need to do or look at regarding the main generator diode ring. So assuming I know nothing (not far off), how and what do I test? Is that something you can easily replace or is it going to tell me something about another part of the generator that I need to look at? The thing only has 160 hours on it..... it was working fine a few weeks ago and now this.

wittkins

Open TM 9-6115-671-14 to page, (PDF READER) 805, and start reading. The test procedure is not all that hard.

I have been avoiding working on this but have to get this thing working again! I've printed out and reviewed the content. Looks straightforward to a point. The manual discusses breaking the rotating rectifier plastic support with a cold chisel. Where would you get new supports? If the diodes are bad, is there a supplier we can get them from? The diodes don't look like diodes I've seen. You have been very helpful and I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks