• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805B Oil Pressure Issue

MRAD338

Good morning,

I have an 805B that runs great but will not produce power. The CRT says no oil pressure which I'm sure is causing the problem, but using a manual gauge it shows 65 psi. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Guyfang

Staff member
Are you getting a failure code? Normally, if the CIM shows a "no engine oil pressure" failure, the gen set will stop running. There will be a fault code displayed.

By: The CRT says no oil pressure, you mean that the gage shows no pressure, or that the CRT gives you a message that there is no oil pressure?

Are your batteries in good condition? If they are low or weak, the gen set can often have very strange faults.

Did you hold the start switch up long enough? You should hold it up until both AC Volts and Hertz read correctly.

MRAD338

Are you getting a failure code? Normally, if the CIM shows a "no engine oil pressure" failure, the gen set will stop running. There will be a fault code displayed.

By: The CRT says no oil pressure, you mean that the gage shows no pressure, or that the CRT gives you a message that there is no oil pressure?

Are your batteries in good condition? If they are low or weak, the gen set can often have very strange faults.

Did you hold the start switch up long enough? You should hold it up until both AC Volts and Hertz read correctly.
HI, There isn't a traditional pressure gage so i had to buy a manual gage to verify operating pressure, and it does have pressure physically. The monitor shows the low oil pressure as a fault prior to and after engine start. It has brand new batteries. I have not held the start lever over until producing power, but i did toggle to start trying to excite the field. I will take some pictures and a video tonight and post here tomorrow. TIA

justinn

HI, There isn't a traditional pressure gage so i had to buy a manual gage to verify operating pressure, and it does have pressure physically. The monitor shows the low oil pressure as a fault prior to and after engine start. It has brand new batteries. I have not held the start lever over until producing power, but i did toggle to start trying to excite the field. I will take some pictures and a video tonight and post here tomorrow. TIA
I would check the wiring to/from the oil pressure sending unit. Although the sending units ~can go bad, wiring has been the culprit in the ones I've messed with(not an 805B in particular though).

Justin

nextalcupfan

Let me know how it goes, I am in Basehor, KS about 5 hour drive east from you.
Peter
Wow I had no idea you were so close to me, I'm less than an hour North of you.
I would love to offer to help by going to but my knowledge would be a pittance compared to yours as I've only ever worked on my 803A.