• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B problems. Will pay for technical help

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think your jumping the gun in chucking parts. From your videos your not to the point of start but no run. It only cranked with the dead crank which will never start the engine. I think your in need of some deoxit(contact cleaner) and a little more studying of the TM trouble shooting procedures. See Guyfang post # 13

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
here is a thread to read thru for the Magnetic Pickup Unit, MPU

Chad Lares

here is a thread to read thru for the Magnetic Pickup Unit, MPU

Not very reassuring, read that thread and it looks like he never got his 805b working...(insert expletive here).

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not very reassuring, read that thread and it looks like he never got his 805b working...(insert expletive here).

so that thread is for you to learn mpu testing, adjustment, removal installation and provide a way and part numbers to get you a new one if needed.
The OP never responded if it was fixed or not, you could ask the OP @GIJoeCzar if he got it running, that thread took from May to Sept to work thru

Did you test your mpu?

Your response to @peapvp was 'no change, no lights' does that mean you have no lights on backplane and each component?

For your cursor isssues, attempt to unplug, and replug the key pad to the display unit, its a serial connector, an old style serial mouse will also work

Did you check the wiring harness' that plug into the backplane from the engine side, verifying the collars are tight?

Chad Lares

so that thread is for you to learn mpu testing, adjustment, removal installation and provide a way and part numbers to get you a new one if needed.
The OP never responded if it was fixed or not, you could ask the OP @GIJoeCzar if he got it running, that thread took from May to Sept to work thru

Did you test your mpu?

Your response to @peapvp was 'no change, no lights' does that mean you have no lights on backplane and each component?

For your cursor isssues, attempt to unplug, and replug the key pad to the display unit, its a serial connector, an old style serial mouse will also work

Did you check the wiring harness' that plug into the backplane from the engine side, verifying the collars are tight?
I'll give that a try for the cursor. I'll pull that magnetic plug tomorrow. The batteries are fully charged now but no change to anything...

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted in Post #23 three diagrams. These three diagrams show the LED status at three different times, depending on the Switch Setting as indicated in the Box labeled: "Status" with a pinkish red background.

We have found that most users who have been presented with these diagrams go into a mental overload and their brain catches fire, thanks to 10+ years of Social Media, Pod Cast's and Smart Phones.

Can you report to us, based on the first two diagrams of what the LED's show when the Switches are set as indicated in the 'Status" Box

Thanks

P.S. These diagrams are in the TM and each LED is explained there in more detail

Chad Lares

I posted in Post #23 three diagrams. These three diagrams show the LED status at three different times, depending on the Switch Setting as indicated in the Box labeled: "Status" with a pinkish red background.

We have found that most users who have been presented with these diagrams go into a mental overload and their brain catches fire, thanks to 10+ years of Social Media, Pod Cast's and Smart Phones.

Can you report to us, based on the first two diagrams of what the LED's show when the Switches are set as indicated in the 'Status" Box

Thanks

P.S. These diagrams are in the TM and each LED is explained there in more detail
I'll do a video so you can make sure I'm following the correct procedure.

Chad Lares

Thanks

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are the most erratic video's I have ever watched.

Now, in your Video Part 2, you went over the Governor Controller so fast, that we could not see whether LED 15 was on or off

DCS2.jpg

The next question would be: What position was your Dead Crank Switch in (S-10)?

At least in Video Part 2 you figured out to look at the ECS, which is the Engine Control Switch S1 instead of the Governor Controller DIP Switches.

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

Chad Lares

These are the most erratic video's I have ever watched.

Now, in your Video Part 2, you went over the Governor Controller so fast, that we could not see whether LED 15 was on or off

View attachment 908104

The next question would be: What position was your Dead Crank Switch in (S-10)?

At least in Video Part 2 you figured out to look at the ECS, which is the Engine Control Switch S1 instead of the Governor Controller DIP Switches.

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

it is in Normal

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now let’s take a closer look of the Status Box in Diagram #2
It says:
(S3) Master Switch: On
(S1) ECS: Prime & Run
Engine stopped (implying we have not started the Generator yet)
(S10) Dead Crank Switch: Normal
it is in Normal
You need to step back, take a deep breath and slow the f…. Down

then read everything in the Status Box, question yourself if you understand it and then look at every LED in the diagram
A red circle means LED is on and the color is red
A green circle means LED is on and the color is green
LED’s with black circles or no circles are Off

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then you compare the diagram in respect to the LED statuses and note any difference between of what you see in your cubicle and the diagram after you set all switches as indicated in the status box of the diagram

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks