• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-806A Low voltage/ low frequency problem ??

Guyfang

Staff member
does anyone know if the 60hz and 400 hz Woodward speed controls the same or similar?
Its time to school you some. I assume you mean for lets say the 806A? The TM tells you this info.

Open up TM 9-6115-654-24P.

Scroll down to PDF reader page 11. There is the explanation of the UOC. Usable on Code. What the UOC is for, it to differentiate between the two models, 60 hertz, and 400 hertz.

Then scroll down to PDF reader page 13. Note, the 806A, (60 hertz model) has a UOC of EMM. For the 400 hertz model its EPC.

Then turn to PDF reader page 43, find the Governor. Its listed as Item 50.

Scroll down to PDF reader page 47. That is the descriptions of the listed parts. Sine there are two listings for the item 50, that alone tells you that the governor is different between the two models.

Now, if you want to know which one of the part numbers is the right one, look for the UOC next to the listed items. Since this is a crappy TM, its missing the UOC for the first listing of Item 50, but the second listing is plainly labeled EPC, (400 hertz).

R Racing

Its time to school you some. I assume you mean for lets say the 806A? The TM tells you this info.

Open up TM 9-6115-654-24P.

Scroll down to PDF reader page 11. There is the explanation of the UOC. Usable on Code. What the UOC is for, it to differentiate between the two models, 60 hertz, and 400 hertz.

Then scroll down to PDF reader page 13. Note, the 806A, (60 hertz model) has a UOC of EMM. For the 400 hertz model its EPC.

Then turn to PDF reader page 43, find the Governor. Its listed as Item 50.

Scroll down to PDF reader page 47. That is the descriptions of the listed parts. Sine there are two listings for the item 50, that alone tells you that the governor is different between the two models.

Now, if you want to know which one of the part numbers is the right one, look for the UOC next to the listed items. Since this is a crappy TM, its missing the UOC for the first listing of Item 50, but the second listing is plainly labeled EPC, (400 hertz).
Ok I'll dig it out and check those references! I appreciate your help!!

Guyfang

Staff member
The main thing I wanted you to take home here was this. When you look something up in the -24P, look at the data page carefully. If an item is listed twice, like the governor, (Item 50) the alarm bells should sound in your head. It means that the potential to order the wrong part has been increased 100%. Not a big deal if its nuts and bolts. Order the wrong governor or better yet, maybe the Main Generator, and we are talking big bucks.

R Racing

I understand. finding out I could modify the 400hz regulator to a 60 hz unit with some components swapped. was kinda hoping the same for the governor. I have 2 new 400 hz control boxes. so was hoping if needed to. I may be able to rob some of the goodies out of it where it applies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks