• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-806A power does not turn on 【help】

kpcxn393

HelloThis is my first post.I bought mep-806a 60kw 50 / 60hz 1995【My problem】All power to the operation panel is not entered (light is not lit)But the crank was working (dead crank switch test ok)Current is flowing in the cell motor + (current flows in two places behind dc control power supply)Fuses such as no current flowing ...Battery is 24vThere is a breakerDo you? I think that the electromagnetic switch is the cause I do not know where it is)I'm sorry, I am an amateur of this generatorPlease tell me the solutionI thank you in advance for your reply.

Guyfang

Staff member
We need to take this slow.

As I understand it, the gen set will not start? BUT, it turns over with the dead crank? Do you have 24 volts DC in your battery's?

kpcxn393

Guyfang
Thank you for your reply.

Yes  24 volts DC has correctly flow
I have confirmed where the current is flowing.
(Current is flowing in the cell motor) (current flows in two places behind dc control power supply)
There is no current at the control panel at all Even lights do not light up.
Perhaps the circuit breaker is working? 
dead crank switch will operation normally.

Guyfang

Staff member
Can you take some pictures of the inside of the control panel? There is a fuse back there you need to check, and you need to pull out the S-17 switch, ( emergency shut off switch) on the front of the control panel.

Chainbreaker

Your pic's are not displaying for me. When I select the attachment I get the following error:

"Invalid Attachment specified. The Attachment may have been deleted for various reasons. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Crazyguyla

We used to have this problem of no-start. If the fuse is good, make sure your emergency stop switch is working correctly. The was a rash of cheaply made ES switches. The red part would break away from the actual switch internals. even though it's pulled out for run, the switch is still in an open state. Jump the ES switch and see if that helps.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thats what I said in post #4.

Pull out the emergency off, S17. Measure if you have 24 volts to ground, on both sides of S17. Then check the fuse. Then measure if you have 24 volts to both side of the DC control CB.

Last edited:

Crazyguyla

Push in the circled circuit breaker, then see what happens. I don't know why I missed that before. The circuit breaker kills all power to prevent battery drain through the instruments.

Attachments

kpcxn393

Emergency stop button was normal.
But 24 volts are not flowing on both sides of S17.
24 volts arrived at the battery charger fuse.
I pushed the circuit breaker but there is no change.24v has not come to circuit breaker...

Crazyguyla

Emergency stop button was normal.
But 24 volts are not flowing on both sides of S17.
24 volts arrived at the battery charger fuse.
I pushed the circuit breaker but there is no change.24v has not come to circuit breaker...
Your emergency stop switch is broken. Probably the red part has broken away from the actual switch. The red part can be pulled out with a little force and you'll be able to grab the switch and pull it out or you could just jump the switch.