• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-806B Engine will not shut down

Robertmason89

Howdy all,

Lucked up and acquired a nice 806B. Didn't need much TLC to get it running. The usual change the fluids, filter and fresh batteries. Cranked and started right up after priming. Let it run for a few minutes checking for leaks and so on. Attempted to shut the engine down by turning the Engine Control knob to the "off" position. The engine just idled down real low, even after turning off the master switch and panel light the engine continue to low idle. I got it to shut down by starving it of fuel. I've checked the TMs with not luck. Has anyone had this issue before or have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mason

Mep1050

Howdy all,

Lucked up and acquired a nice 806B. Didn't need much TLC to get it running. The usual change the fluids, filter and fresh batteries. Cranked and started right up after priming. Let it run for a few minutes checking for leaks and so on. Attempted to shut the engine down by turning the Engine Control knob to the "off" position. The engine just idled down real low, even after turning off the master switch and panel light the engine continue to low idle. I got it to shut down by starving it of fuel. I've checked the TMs with not luck. Has anyone had this issue before or have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mason
Did you have to manually prime and or bleed the system?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks