• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-806B Not Making Power

taser1984

I recently purchased an 806B with about 170 hours. It runs but doesn't make any voltage even when flashing the field. I ran through the voltage regulator check in the TM, paragraph 4.8.23, and it is not terribly conclusive. I have 28 ohms at P9-5 and P9-6, and I get 8 volts there when flashing the field, but still 0V output. The DC supply light does not come on on the regulator. DC supply does show on the speed control and the synchronizer. It's certainly not my style to throw a thousand dollar regulator into the thing without more conclusive evidence, but no information is provided on checking the power supply for the regulator. Obviously it comes from the backplane, but is there a way to check and see if its present? What else should I be checking for this issue?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks