• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 806B Troubleshooting

ahandal

I have an MEP 806B that was manufactured in 09/10. It has 86 hours on it and is in overall good condition. Because of the help on the forums, I was able to procure a serial mouse and get it to operate as a stand-in for the keypad. However, I disconnected the batteries to charge them and now I have not been able to get the serial mouse to work again. The generator does run and produce power. The CIM seems to be functioning well. But, I am still having some issues.

Issues so far:
1. I don't hear anything when the selector is set to PRIME & START and while the generator cranks, it will not turn on. I have to place it in the PRIME & START AUX for 10 seconds first, then it fires right up.
2. "Oil Pressure Low" shows up as a fault before running the unit. If I clear it with the FAULT RESET, it will not come back on during operation (20-25 minutes without a load).
3. LED 5 is illuminated on the backplane and I can't find anything regarding how to address the "CMOS voltage...too low."
4. The selector function was working with a standard serial mouse but now it no longer does.

Two questions:
1. Are all of the issues related or are they separate malfunctions?
2. What is/are the underlying issue(s) and how do I resolve them?

TMs I have:
TM-9-6115-671-14
TM-9-6115-672-24P
TM-9-2815-260-24P

Let me know if I should look at any other TMs. Thank you in advance for the help.

Scoobyshep

Speaking strictly as a computer nerd, it sounds the internal cmos battery has gone bad and it probably has lost its boot configuration.

100% speculation here so dont quote me on it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Speaking strictly as a computer nerd, it sounds the internal cmos battery has gone bad and it probably has lost its boot configuration.

100% speculation here so dont quote me on it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That's a good guess. PM the SS member Peapvp. Ask him for the info on the battery. Better yet, ask him to look at your post.

Also, before you do anything, open the control panel. Remove each and every connector in the control box. Then replace it. And the two plugs on the back of he Backplane. Its a PITA, as you need to remove the top cover, and it takes for ever to remove and replace those two plugs. Trust me. But this seris set, the 805 and 806 "B" models have a problem with loose connectors. Had a simmiler problem with one last month in Rommania. After hours of trouble shooting by forum and phone, that's all it took to get it running. Cant hurt, and its something you can do.

America

I have an MEP 806B that was manufactured in 09/10. It has 86 hours on it and is in overall good condition. Because of the help on the forums, I was able to procure a serial mouse and get it to operate as a stand-in for the keypad. However, I disconnected the batteries to charge them and now I have not been able to get the serial mouse to work again. The generator does run and produce power. The CIM seems to be functioning well. But, I am still having some issues.

Issues so far:
1. I don't hear anything when the selector is set to PRIME & START and while the generator cranks, it will not turn on. I have to place it in the PRIME & START AUX for 10 seconds first, then it fires right up.
2. "Oil Pressure Low" shows up as a fault before running the unit. If I clear it with the FAULT RESET, it will not come back on during operation (20-25 minutes without a load).
3. LED 5 is illuminated on the backplane and I can't find anything regarding how to address the "CMOS voltage...too low."
4. The selector function was working with a standard serial mouse but now it no longer does.

Two questions:

TMs I have:
TM-9-6115-671-14
TM-9-6115-672-24P
TM-9-2815-260-24P

Let me know if I should look at any other TMs. Thank you in advance for the help.
I would start buy cleaning and inspecting ALL the electrical connections. There’s bond to be some dust and corrosion causing gremlins or about to.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read thru this problem child i had

ahandal

Are you activating the Clear Fault Switch before going into start or Prime/Run?
Setting to Run & Prime, holding Fault Reset for 2 seconds, then cranking. It'll turn over, but not start. I don't hear anything when I set it to Run & Prime.

But, if I turn to Run & Prime Aux for 10 seconds, fault reset for 2 seconds, then crank, it gives a puff of white smoke and fires right up. Also, when I do this, I can clearly hear the pump running.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Setting to Run & Prime, holding Fault Reset for 2 seconds, then cranking. It'll turn over, but not start. I don't hear anything when I set it to Run & Prime.

But, if I turn to Run & Prime Aux for 10 seconds, fault reset for 2 seconds, then crank, it gives a puff of white smoke and fires right up. Also, when I do this, I can clearly hear the pump running.
have you checked your fuel pressure in your injection system? This is the reason they call that run/prime position to allow enough fuel pressure to built up in the system. Normally it holds the fuel pressure after shutoff unless there is small leak and air gets into the System. White smoke indicates water in fuel system

Guyfang

Staff member
Below is a description of what happens when you place the S1, (start switch) in varies positions. It comes from the operators TM. It explains why you never hear anything when you put S1 in the Prime and Run position. There is no electrical fuel pump, to prime anything, in that position. You have only one electric fuel pump. It is for using an external fuel source. So when you place the S1 in the Prime and Run Aux Fuel position, you hear the fuel pump.

Normally I would say to you, when you try and start the set normally, turn the S1 directly to start. There is no need to prime. If the set will not start, then I would pull the MPU, (Magnetic Pick Up). The TM will tell you to test first, I would tell you to simply pull it out. Clean it. Install it PROPERLY, (or you will be buying another one). And adjust it. The MPU is what gives the signal to the A3, (speed control unit) and the A3 tells the A6 (Speed control actuator) to ramp up speed, and open up the fuel supply to the IP.

Attachments

Wh6czu

Issues so far:

Two questions:

TMs I have:
TM-9-6115-671-14
TM-9-6115-672-24P
TM-9-2815-260-24P

Did you figure out the cmos voltage low, I'm having same problem

Guyfang

Staff member
It might be a better idea to start your own thread. This is forty forever's old. And you may have other problems then what the original thread submitter had.

Have you download the TM's and tried to use them?
Have you ever seen this gen set work right?

Wh6czu

It might be a better idea to start your own thread. This is forty forever's old. And you may have other problems then what the original thread submitter had.

Have you download the TM's and tried to use them?
Have you ever seen this gen set work right?
I just ask a question, and yes I have the TMs , I've owned the gen set for years... thanks for your in put.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks