• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831 not getting over 150 volts

Thomas_G

I been restoring this unit and got it started. However I cannot get over 150 volts. I have a new controller card. The unit will also run then stop. Possible gov adjust needed?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the throttle linkage adjusted per the TM such that the gap between the magnet and the target is 5/16" at no load?

Can you measure the voltage at the lugs from L1 to Neutral and then from L2 to Neutral and let us know what you read?

Thomas_G

Is the throttle linkage adjusted per the TM such that the gap between the magnet and the target is 5/16" at no load?

Can you measure the voltage at the lugs from L1 to Neutral and then from L2 to Neutral and let us know what you read?
Hi Kurt

5/16 gap is correct. I put a fluke 77 and measured 0.01 and 0.00 on the L1 and 2 to N

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correction, hadn't had my coffee yet...

With the set OFF check the position of the 120/240 switch under the inverters clear cover.
Might want to toggle it a few times and then leave it in the 120/240 position.

Then...
Remove the 4 screws holding the red safety cover over the inverters output screws.
Start the generator.
Then with the set running measure the AC voltage between N & L1 at the inverter and then again between N & L2 at the inverter.

Inverter Output.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks