• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831 Recovery and progress

ecupirate

Hitched up the M101A3 and made a quick trip over to Ft. Bragg and recovered my 3kw today. It has 353 total hours and went to West Virginia National Guard Reset in 2010 with 233 hours on the clock, so only 20 hours in the past 5 years since reset. Got it to the farm and opened it up and loh and behold the battery was there. Upon further inspection there was fuel in it as well as the lube sheet and parts of the pmcs instructions. So I connected the battery up and had power, checked the oil, looked great. Turned it over a few times and it wouldn't hit, so gave it a little help with some ether and it took off. Let it run 5 minutes or so and cut it off and it didn't want to start back...it was getting dark so I called it a day. Hopefully nothing too major, I am just glad it had a battery and the inside looks almost brand new. Very satisfied to get a MEP 831 that runs under $500. Will update here with any issues. If I keep it I plan on putting it on a small trailer along with about 40 gallons in jerry cans.

3kw recovery 1.jpg3kw recovery 2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks