• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831a dies when slave cable is removed

two.fiveM35

My MEP 831a has a dead battery so I started it with the slave cable but it dies when the cable is disconnected. Any ideas on why? I tried to pull started it but no success. Runs fine when the cable is connected, proper voltages everywhere

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without 24vdc for fuel pump generator will not likely stay running. They will run without controls as long as magnet is released from target on electronic governor.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AV10 is correct. Battery may be more than just dead. May be using all the voltage your charging circuits provide. Mine actually has plastic terminals that you can attach battery connection to so they don't short.

two.fiveM35

set should run with no battery off of the battery charger
ill try it tomorrow if the rain stops and see if I can start it with the battery disconnected. I will probably try and get 2 motorcycle batteries and install them. Hope the changing the battery cable ends aren't to difficult

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The charger doesn't make a lot of power. The dead battery could be dragging it down. Disconnect the battery. You should have an insulated post in there to secure the positive side. See if you can pull start it.

I'm at home this weekend and managed to run all the generators here. Including the 831. It made me very happy to hear them all humming along. Also got to hear my former 003 run today too. Its been a wonderful trip home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks