• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 831a Fault Help me!! Fuel Light on and turn off

gstboy69

Mep 831a Fault Help me!! Fuel Light

He have the fuel tank full. She starts great and then turn off automatic after 1 second and turn on in display the fuel light. If I hold the throttle with my hand the generator maintains on but after remove its turning off. Can I bypass this fuel alarm?

Scoobyshep

Look on the TM tab, find your manual. Id look it up but im not near my pc

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chainbreaker

Disclaimer: I don't have any experience with the MEP-831a but I'm at my PC and I might can help...Here are the Technical Manuals for MEP-831a.

There is a Training Manual with Schematics with a section outlined for the A2 Malfunction Group circuit that shows the "No Fuel" circuit, it shows a FL1 switch which I "assume" is the float level switch. It shows the connection of a red wire, P11>J11-2 & J11-1>P11, so I would think if you jumper past the J11-1 to J11-2 connection it should bypass the Float Switch & would determine if its actually your float switch.

Edit: added appropriate pin outs for J11

Last edited:

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may be a stuck float. You may be able to reach into the tank thru the fuel filler and free the float.
Had that happen to one of my 831's.
If you can't get your arm in there you may be able to use a flashlight to see and something else to free the float.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the -13 TM for the 831A is incorrect in showing the FL1 switch as normally closed.
When the fuel tank is filled FL1 would be open, not closed
Adding a jumper from J11-1 to J11-2 would actually constantly signal a Low Fuel situation, not bypass it.

gstboy69

It may be a stuck float. You may be able to reach into the tank thru the fuel filler and free the float.
Had that happen to one of my 831's.
If you can't get your arm in there you may be able to use a flashlight to see and something else to free the float.
Thanks

gstboy69

Thanks I think is stuck float like you said!!!! I removed one gallon of diesel from the tank. And the generator run like a Champ.
I put a wire inside the tank for move the float and removed one gallon of diesel. The generator starts and worked like a champion. On the other hand, the diesel meter was always above the maximum, now it goes down to half. may have been stuck as you indicated I appreciate your support.

Chainbreaker

Good to hear you got it running again!

So now that you have it running it would be a good time to download all the TM's and become familiar with them "at your leisure".

If you wait until there is a major problem and you are counting on the genset to keep things powered up it puts you in a bit of a emergency situation. I always find I absorb information better when I'm not under the gun to get something fixed in a hurry.

gstboy69

Good to hear you got it running again!

So now that you have it running it would be a good time to download all the TM's and become familiar with them "at your leisure".

If you wait until there is a major problem and you are counting on the genset to keep things powered up it puts you in a bit of a emergency situation. I always find I absorb information better when I'm not under the gun to get something fixed in a hurry.
Thanks for the advice. You have the TM?