• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A No Inverter Output

sshaw

Hey there guys,

Got this MEP-831A with no out from the inverter. I opened the inverter, no apparent damage to any of the board or other components. Is anybody out there providing a service to test the inverters? Can you even buy a new one if necessary? Any other advice?

Thank you

sshaw

sshaw

Sorry, I called the converter an inverter in my original post.
I have the manual, followed the troubleshooting section. Output from the PMG is balanced and good on all phases. Even verified the door switch for the voltage selector switch to ensure it was properly making. Just find it hard to believe the converter is bad without any signs of damage. Checked all connectors (P15, P16, P17) to verify they are installed correctly. Measured out from PMG at connector pins. All checked out as being good. All indications point to a bad converter, but not sure how often these fail.

Thank you
Steve

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, there are fuses inside the Frequency Converter. The fuses look like little black resistors they are numbered F1-F4, you may have to scrape through some coating to get a resistance reading. Try testing those fuses, then we'll go from there.

A replacement Frequency Converter would probably cost more than what you bought the unit for.

sshaw

I started down that road and found the clear coating difficult to remove even though I was able to remove very small amounts. They were so small, I wasn't sure I could trust the readings from the meter. I guess I should give it another go and see what I can come up with. Also the F1-F4 was really not visible, but seeing how I found 4 black resistor looking items, I figured I was in the right area. I will let you know what I find this weekend.

Thank you
Steve