• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A no output at outside 240 terminals?Have 120v at the plug though

patdufo

I recently purchased this gen and am going to use for solar charging my battery bank,the outside plug works fine and the meter shows 240v but nothing coming out?I have the internal red switch at the 3 wire 240v setting,Is there another switch some where to enable this?Or does having the door open to test voltage make it stop power?Any help would be greatly apreeciated,thanks

patdufo

Did you lift and then release the Contactor toggle switch to close the contactor after it's started and running for 10 seconds?
No I was just reading that in the manual(thanks for the reply) I am hooking it up directly to my electric pannel threw a 240 dryer plug on my porch to back feed,this is 100% solar so no linesmen to kill and I know the cord is a suicide plug but will be allways conected before starting,My dryer plug has 2 hots and a white neutral the panel is not bonded but the ground runs threw the inverts in the house and bonded there,I am using a 4 prong 50amp RV plug to plug into the 4 wire dryer plug but that plug only has 3 wires going to it,should I hook up the white wire at all?or should it just be the 2 hots?want to power the whole house and have 240v,also My house is small and I am the only user.

patdufo

Did you lift and then release the Contactor toggle switch to close the contactor after it's started and running for 10 seconds?
Opening the door to access the lugs does not cut power to them.
Is that the one below the one marked circuit interrupter?It says open or closed?If thats it, it still not working,it is showing 240v on the gauge,could that switch be bad?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The circuit interrupter switch is pretty reliable.
The outlet is hardwired so it only has 120 volts on it all the time. The little red switch only changes the power at the lugs.
You'll need to connect L0 to you electrical systems neutral. If you don't the two 120 volt branches voltages will get out of balance likely damaging loads on one of the L1 or L2 legs.

Guyfang

Staff member
What you really need to do is read the operators manual. All your questions would have been answered up till now if you had. Below is the link.

patdufo

What you really need to do is read the operators manual. All your questions would have been answered up till now if you had. Below is the link.

I have the manual but it pretty large,dont have a week to read it,but thanks for the link any how but actually might be easier to flip threw on the computer so I guess I will down load it,actually just tried and it said ran into some problems

patdufo

The circuit interrupter switch is pretty reliable.
The outlet is hardwired so it only has 120 volts on it all the time. The little red switch only changes the power at the lugs.
You'll need to connect L0 to you electrical systems neutral. If you don't the two 120 volt branches voltages will get out of balance likely damaging loads on one of the L1 or L2 legs.
I am using the neutral and have decided to go with twist lock into the house (all ready have one any how)And thanks for the reply

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks