• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831a Wont turn off

Jhart01

I have an 831a generator that won't turn off when you hit the emergency stop button or put the s1 switch to off. It has a new governor actuator on it and I've followed the adjustment procedure and tinkered with it a ton to try and get it right. It does the twitch when you put it on run and everything seems to work great while it's running.

I'm not super familiar with these but k15 is illuminated red while it's running but the red light goes away when I hit the stop.

Attachments

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
K15 is the starter cut out relay. It's normal for the LED inside ot to be on once the set has started.

I see a few issues in the picture
1) The green spring for the governor is in the wrong hole in the arm.
2) The gap between the magnet and the target is way to wide. It should be 5/16". Yours looks way wider.
3) The top governor adjustment bolt no longer has it's wire and lead seal on it indicating someone has messed with that adjustment.

Jhart01

K15 is the starter cut out relay. It's normal for the LED inside ot to be on once the set has started.

I see a few issues in the picture
1) The green spring for the governor is in the wrong hole in the arm.
2) The gap between the magnet and the target is way to wide. It should be 5/16". Yours looks way wider.
3) The top governor adjustment bolt no longer has it's wire and lead seal on it indicating someone has messed with that adjustment.

Awesome feedback thanks. This is how I received the generator, so should it be 5/16ths even when it's off?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gap should be zero when it's off. IE the target on the arm should be against the magnet when the set is stopped..
When the set is running at no load the gap should be 5/16"
There is an adjustment procedure in the -13 TM on how to set the gap at no load.
The gap has to be set correctly so that the magnet can capture the arm when the set it shut off using S1.

Here is a picture of what holes the green spring should be in.
The picture is with the governor plate unbolted from the engine and tipped down.
Governor Spring Hole.JPG

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks