• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 831a

Smitch86

Hello I have two mep 831a generators both run great . One has a fault that just started showing up. It’s the low oil pressure one. The only thing the tm says is to check the valves…… do these have an oil pressure sensor? Should I try anything else other than the valves ? Doesn’t seem like the valves have anything g to do with it ? Or do they?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there is an oil pressure switch. They fail with some frequency on the 831's.
The -13 TM has a test procedure for it. It's screwed into the block on the left down low. Operation is switch is closed with no oil pressure and open with oil pressure.
It might be the Fault Monitor itself. They fail too.

Smitch86

Yes, there is an oil pressure switch. They fail with some frequency on the 831's.
The -13 TM has a test procedure for it. It's screwed into the block on the left down low. Operation is switch is closed with no oil pressure and open with oil pressure.
It might be the Fault Monitor itself. They fail too.
Do you know where I could get a fault monitor if that was it ?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a good, tested, used one available if it turns out your Fault Monitor failed.

My money is on a bad OP switch.
Easy test to determine if it's the OP switch assuming you have batteries in the set or you are slave jumping it.
Put S1 in the RUN position. Do not start it. The Low OP light should be ON. Press and release the Fault Monitor RESET button. The Low OP light should still be ON.
Put S1 in the STOP position. Disconnect 1 of the wires from the OP switch. Don't let it touch anything.
Put S1 in the RUN position. Do not start it. The Low OP light should be OFF.
If so, the OP switch is bad.

Last edited:

Smitch86

I apologize . It wasn’t the oil pressure light that is on . It’s the engine high temp light that is on. And it’s on from the beginning even when it’s cold. Where is the sensor for that ?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I apologize . It wasn’t the oil pressure light that is on . It’s the engine high temp light that is on. And it’s on from the beginning even when it’s cold. Where is the sensor for that ?
It's screwed into the back of the engine block down low.
Operation is switch is OPEN at cold or normal operating temp. Switch is CLOSED if there is a high temp issue.

Hign Temp Switch location.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks