• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-8xx S1 and S6 switch variations

wciguy

The 5930-01-498-9903 is for the MEP-805B and not compatible with the smaller units.

I did move the S-1 from an 804A (blown generator) and install into an 803A. Works perfect. It was the Kraus & Naimer.

smokem joe

I'm going to revive an old thread here. I'm looking inside 2 newer units, one a 2011 and one a 2010, both with version 2 of the switches in them. Both have under 30 hours and I'd guess that to be right as both are spotless inside. I have a 2009 unit sitting here with version 3 of the switches in it and it does not appear to have gone through any reset either with 1k hours on it. Any idea why some newer units have the better switches and some don't?

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to revive an old thread here. I'm looking inside 2 newer units, one a 2011 and one a 2010, both with version 2 of the switches in them. Both have under 30 hours and I'd guess that to be right as both are spotless inside. I have a 2009 unit sitting here with version 3 of the switches in it and it does not appear to have gone through any reset either with 1k hours on it. Any idea why some newer units have the better switches and some don't?
Your 2009 might possibly have been done as a repair and that is what was available at the time. Someone doing a repair might have had the newer switches on hand and used them.

smokem joe

I wouldn't think anything would be any newer than what was installed on a 2011 machine. As far as I know they were only produced until 2012. Anyone seen anything newer than 2012? I've only seen one unit labeled as a 12 and I've looked at several hundred newer ones at the auctions

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
The switches were not a new or year type item. The NSN an calls for a switch. Some manufacturers made a better switch than others.

The Electroswitch with metal housing and metal stab pin are the better unit. They can also be identified by the bakelite switch handle.

Guyfang

Staff member
Just because a switch is not "the best" switch, is no reason to toss out gov. money. If they are on hand, in stock, they were issued. You have to understand, that no mater what NSN was ordered, when FEDLOG "looks" at the NSN, the computer will spit out a NSN that is compatible. Do not try and apply "reason" to the system. The first version of S1 is a good switch, where it's not dusty. So why not use it until it's no good?

smokem joe

That was the info I was looking for. I think I will take the metal ones and move them into my personal 803a and install version 2 in the other

Zed254

I used the jumper cable (diode) from the old switch when I replaced the S1 on my 802A with an Electroswitch. The new Electroswitch Model 75902LV did not have the jumper installed.

Hummingbird

S6 switch upgrade

I purchased an S6 from the big auction site. It is an Electroswitch series 31, 31907LW, should be the version 3 of S6. This switch has seven positions, the original switch has six positions. Has anyone else experienced this?

Zed254

I think you are good to go. My MEP-803A has the Electroswitch 31907LW installed. I never noticed that it was a 7 position switch in a 6 position mount, but it is. NSN searches show it as used in an 804A but appears to be used in many others.
Switch Search: http://www.parttarget.com/5930-01-5...w&searchoption=sku&originalsearchtext=31907lw

End Use Search: http://www.parttarget.com/6115-01-2...ption=nsn&originalsearchtext=6115-01-274-7388

End use shows a lot of other NSNs for generators but I could not find the MEP-803A.....but I didn't look too hard.

Bottom line: the switch you have works in my 803.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks