• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 903b information needed.

TJP

I recently won a Shelter from GL that had a generator in it. It's a 903B I have down loaded the TMs on the unit, But the control panel does not look anything like the TMs. If anyone has a another source for information on this type of 903B it would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pics I hope they will help gain some information.
I would like to take it out and use it to run my welder and other tools.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The control panel you have pictured must be for the shelter, because I know the generator control panel looks a lot different than what you have pictured. Someone here did a thread about building his own control panel here a while ago (his 903 came minus the panel), and I helped him find a lot of the parts for it...I tried to search for it but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

quickfarms

The control panel that you showed in the picture appeares to be the power distribution panel.

Look in the area where the Mep 903 mounts in the shelter and should be a bulkhead connector mounted on the shelter that looks the same as the connector that is on the back of the Mep 903. there is a cable that goes from the Mep 903 to the shelter andthere isa second cable that goes on the inside of the shelter to the control panels. Did your shelter come with eather of these cables?

If you have eather of the cables I would be interested in the cable or even half of the cable.

If you do not have the cables the connectors are available but the are not cheap.

Several of the members also told me about the post on how to build the control panel but I have never seen the post so where is it.

I resorted to finding my own solution.

In the end the answer is simple

Attached are photos of my Mep 903 and the control panel that I built to start and run it.

If you study the wiring diagrams there are several errors or questionable areas. also the preheat/ start switch is a special item but I have figured out a way to simulate it with common parts.

Let me know if you need help.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Nice.... I was looking at the same shelter system too.
Model 903B is used in the JTACS-Joint tactical Area Communication System.

TM for the 10kw is 9-6115-670-14&P and it does show a different APU Control Box than what you have.

The Army list this Generator at $22,552.00[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

quickfarms

Yes the engine is a three cylinder with a small turbo

Kubota, Ltd. Model D722-B Type Diesel, 3-cylinder, 4-cycle
Rated Horsepower (at 3600 RPM) 16.3 Continuous
Firing order 1-2-3
Valve Clearance (Cold) 0.0057 to 0.0073 in. (0.14478 to 0.18542 mm)
Dry Weight 139.1 lbs. (63.05 kg)

Overdrive

Resurecting this old post... Interesting little generator. May be coming across one this weekend with a report out in this thread next week. Seems like a screamer at 3600RPM, 3 cyl with turbo.

Bookmark placed!

I removed the power disrto panel (carefully) from an 805 shelter I won a while back with no gen or converter and it had a LOT of cabling that was stuffed in the shelter... May have a super deluxe project to work on soon.

OD

Last edited: