• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-952B Anyone get one?

ETN550

G/L had 28 of them at Tobyhanna, PA. I managed to get a couple 8). 28vdc/ 5kw. Odd looking. Kinda cool, I guess. Any one use one of these or also get one?

If someone wants to run them down I-81 (part way or all the way) for me I can kick in $'s for fuel. I won't have any room for more than the 2 in my pickup unless I take a trailer. If anyone on here wants to give me some $ for fuel. Either way.. Just PM me.

ETN550

I'm not sure what all they were or are used in. There are pics of them mounted on tracked personnel carriers on the Dewey Electronics site. Dewey bought out GBI who made the 952B and Dewey supports them. I do have the manual on it but other than that there is like zero info on them. Non parts units went from around $350 up to $540 which is about in the middle of other sales. I think they are kind of cool and well designed and robust. The Farymann engine and Niehoff alternator are top shelf products. It looks like they could run without all the controls if needed. I'm thinking of inverting one and possibly putting an Aura gen system on the other one. The Aura gen is a 5000 watt 120/240 volt inverted vehicle underhood axial alternator used in fire and rescue. The mil also uses them under the viper name. I bought one used years ago. They will make power at any speed and make the full 5000 watts at 2600 rpm and can go up to 8000 rpm. I think why not since I have the pieces.

Anyone on this site own or operate one??

91H8

I operate one on my company's M1068A3 command track. In the process of getting necessary parts to service it as it will be one of the few power sources we have in the field.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks