• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP Aux Fuel Source

mangus580

I'm not using one, here is what you could do...

thread a 4" nipple into the 3/4 pipe fitting on the other side of the drum, then 2 street elbows, making a U pointing back down. Then get an air stone like used on some Air compressor tools... to put in keeping the mud-dobbers out :)

BTW... I have always had water leak in using the drum adapter on jerry cans. You might want to cover it with something...

Keith_J

I would just leave the vent bung loose. Always cover the drums to protect against water. When on an FTX and drums had to be protected by burial, covering to prevent rain water floating the tank was also a consideration as were berms to prevent runoff water issues. And the soil from those holes was used to construct the generator bunker.

Keith_J

The NSN is 2910-00-066-1235. You will also need the siphon extensions, 4710-00-597-8731 although a good machine shop can make one from tubing or you can use a fuel proof hose with a clunk weight on the end.

jbk

furl siphen

the military siphen has a vent in the head. if you remove the lever you will spot the hole. ive picked these up on ebay before.