• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP data information stuff 12232021

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
MEP data information stuff 12232021

I just lookin for the Mad Max solution to power up the Lucid Air

GENERATOR SETS
DC generator sets provide power for specific pieces of equipment. For example, they are used to charge batteries, operate communications equipment, and provide power to some missile equipment. Thus, the need for DC generator sets in the field is less than the need for AC generator sets. The three DC generator sets listed in Tables 8-1and8-2 are basic AC generators that use rectifiers to convert the AC voltage to DC voltage.

Attachments

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
The MEP-802A listed above is a pure AC gen set. There are a few listed in the Tables, but most are old, old, old. In the today world you will not find a D.C. gen set in the Army system over the size of 3KW.

There is a 5 KW, gen set that is D.C., but the army considered it an APU. Aug Power Unit. M-952B, used only on the M113 Family tracks. There is also the good old 4.2 KW, also considered an APU. It was the first APU for the M113 family tracks. In the old days we had up to 5KW sized gen sets that made pure D.C. But those baby's are loooooooong gone.

rickf

I still have a 1.5K DC set that works great for starting my air compressor and it will start a generator if you let it charge the batteries for a couple minutes. That said, getting that little sucker started is a real ritual in itself with the wrap the rope around the pully and yank it and wrap the rope and yank it and..............................., Yea, it gets tiring. That poor thing has seen a fair bit of ether! :rolleyes:

rickf

I have the electronic for my compressor (which I have never installed yet) but not that little genset. I don't know where I would even find it nowadays.

rickf

Somewhere around here I still have the manuals for that unit and I am sure the electronic MWO in in there with part numbers. I can always try. I also have an old 1.5KW 60hz screamer but for some reason I can't get 240 volt out of it. Never really dug into it because it is simply so loud and so small on power it was just easier to go civilian for that route.

rickf

Well, They are buried dep, deep DEEP in the pile so it will be a while before I can find them. I will probably remember when the power goes out and I find out the batteries are dead just like I always do. Naturally the MEP-002 is in a spot where I can't get my 151 close enough to slave off to it. So I will do what I always end up doing, starting the F350 and letting it run for a while to fully charge the two batteries and then take the batteries out of it and transfer them to the MEP . Now of coarse I always wait a couple hours before doing any of this to be SURE the power is not just out for a short time and the best way to get the power back on is do all of the above transferring of parts. GUARANTEED that the power will come back on within seconds of you finally getting that generator started!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks