• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP Generator values?

Isaac-1

I wanted to ask all of you, what do you think the various MEP generators should be worth as a fair market price in typical running condition? (lets stick with the 3-10KW units to keep it manageable ) This is not a question about what they are selling for, or the level of value for your money, instead it is more about what you think a fair price range is for each of the popular models, and what you would pay / want to get for one if your were buying or selling.

Here are list of the models that come to mind:

3KW
MEP-016A/C gasoline:

MEP-016B / MEP-701a 1 cylinder Onan diesel (without / with ASK):

MEP-016D (Yanmar L70 converted C)

MEP-016E (Yanmar L100 converted B)

5KW
MEP-017a gasoline

MEP-002a diesel

10KW
MEP-018

MEP-003a

Thanks Ike

hmsgoodhope

Genset pricing - MEP-017A

Hi Ike,

A few datapoints for the MEP-017A

Restorable - $100-$200 - Looks like it might still be made to run - like my current project :)

Working - Needs few things fixed and cosmetics - $500-$700

Running well - minor cosmetics only $800-$1100

Good post as I am looking for a MEP-002/003 and woukd like to know range based on condition.

Hope this helps!

Ed

jbk

this is what iam asking for some of mine in top condition

16a 425.00-450.00
017 550.00-600.00
002 1600-1800.00
018 1000-1200.00

i think these are fair prices for this time of year and my location

storeman

MEP-002a load tested, typical cosmetic issues but fully functional : $1,600-$1,800.

Fully functional and top condition cosmetically $2,000-$2,200.

derf

this is what iam asking for some of mine in top condition

16a 425.00-450.00
017 550.00-600.00
002 1600-1800.00
018 1000-1200.00

i think these are fair prices for this time of year and my location
I've seen your ads on CL and your prices seem low to me. I'm not saying you should raise them. If you are happy selling for those prices then keep it up but it seem like you put a lot of effort into them.

derf

A new 3kW commercial Yanmar powered gen is about $2500.
A new 12kW commercial Diesel gen (comparable to an 003A) is $10,000+.

Buzz254

ALLCON:

I own a business. Have manufacturing capabilities (full service CNC machine shop, and multiple assets and national vendors).

Have played the GovLiquidation game before it was GL (Levy Latham)...have spent over $300K in the last 5 years with GL. I know the system pretty well.
I CAN complete with the Groban's and others that resell these on ebay...etc.

I am NOT looking to make major money here...but if there is a demand for generators and parts, I will start using my financial assets to...maybe start some sort of partnership with members of this site (to assist in the "distribution" of these great generators.

If this post steps on the toes of the moderators/site rules...I will retract.

I am only trying to help out the "membership" here...as I know these generators are the "bomb" for portable power on a jobsite...Period.

Cheers

jbk

mep generator values?

I've seen your ads on CL and your prices seem low to me. I'm not saying you should raise them. If you are happy selling for those prices then keep it up but it seem like you put a lot of effort into them.
i agree my prices are a little low this year, but i also want to move them and aquire more.
their was a time when the gas units comanded twice the price, but with the ethanol fuel were stuck with the bottom fell out for these. even the diesels have suffered a bit i believe because of the economic climit in my area. i do put alot of effort in resurrecting these, its a hobby since i retired and thats half the satisfaction for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks