• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP owners slave port survey?

Isaac-1

Which style slave cable port do your generators have?

I have both types on mine with no apparent scheme:

MEP701a - 2 pin

MEP-016D - 1 pin

MEP-003a - 2 pin

MEP-002a - 1 pin (looks retrofitted at a 45 degree angle in the 2 pin mounting bracket)

storeman

One 003A with Nato (single pin, I believe, to help those trying to figure out the Gimp...hehehe)
One 002a with double pin.
One extra single pin set up available. Rather than convert, I choose to be Bi-Pin..ual.
Jerry

Rapracing

Both my 002 & 003 are two pin

Edited to add: Not sure what value they have for the average owner. I have no other 24 volt stuff. Just a dumb question but am I missing something they can be used for?

Last edited:

Keith_J

Back when I was a PFC in the USA and in charge of the company's power generation equipment, call came down from on high that Category 1 combat units would have all NATO style ports, every generator had to be changed. I was busy for a few weeks performing these MWOs.

That is why some generators kept the 2-pin style until retirement.

Carl_in_NH

My MEP-003A has a two-pin slave connector. I use this all the time to slave the generator off the M35 when the weather is cold and the on-board batts can't crank it fast enough to light.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP002A Has a two pin
Had an MEP701A with a two pin.
SGPRSMD ( just in case you ask at a later date) Has a single pin

Last edited:

RayK

All my 003's are two pin, all the 002's except one are two pin, the one 002 with one pin - if you want a one pin, I'll swap for a two pin - 004 is two pin - M35 and M49 are two pin, but both have one pin adapters. If God wanted us to have one pin connectors, he would have made them first!