• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP parts from Gulf Coast in Baytown Tx

jeepin

Does anyone know Tom Badgett at Gulf Coast trucks? I sent him a MEP VR board which he said in email he would repair and send back to me (this was 19 July). He later responded to an email and said it was done (03 August) but since then....nothing. I called twice and he wasn't able to take my call and hasn't called back. I really just want my VR back...fixed or not.
I wondered if this is normal for them..maybe 1 month turnaround? Or maybe he has something big going on...
Thanks for any info.

Isaac-1

I have never dealt with him myself, just spoke to him on the phone once about a potential parts purchase, but can say a number of people on here have bought parts from him, and I have never heard anything negative.

Ike

leedawg

Hes probably just busy. Took about a month turn around for my injection pump and injectors from a place in WI so I would not worry bout it too much till sept...

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you won't have anything to worry about. Quite a few members have purchased things from him without issue. Never having dealt with him, the only thing I can say about him is he is one of the people who is under the mistaken impression that you can reuse your original timing button if you replace the IP.

Isaac-1

Speaking of timing buttons there is now a seller on ebay from Lubbuck TX (so nowhere near Tom) that is offering them in all sizes. The price looks a lot cheaper than I have heard about in the past too. The listing is easy to find has timing button in the name along with mep,onan, etc.

Ike

jeepin

I did hear from Tom today and he is shipping my rebuilt VR plus a couple of other parts, I guess they were just busy.

Last edited:

Rick L

I have been a big fan of Tom Badgett Gulf Coast Trucks, primarily on Smokestack and by other people who contact me for parts. Recently I have had a few issues with his business practices, and honesty that have disturbed me . On May 13th I sent Badgett an injection pump for him to go through. The pump was mailed priority mail on May 13th -13 and marked as delivered May 21-13. I did not hear anything from Tom and happen to mention if he had received the pump. He answered no, and that he would check and get back to me . I called 2 weeks later and he said the Post Office told him that they would have to go through the lockers and see if they could locate it. About the same time I asked him if he could rebuild two switches belonging to a customer who had hired me to up date his control boxes. He said send them down and he would repair them as new ones were $300 apiece. I mailed the parts and not hearing anything I called Gulf Coast, and he was not available and the secretary said he would call me back. This continued over several weeks and I finally asked the secretary to ask if the switches were shipped, along with some other parts. She said she would call me back, and after not hearing from her I called a few days later and they had been shipped. This has been weeks ago and now I am at a place where TOM will not return any calls or e mails, he is hiding behind his secretary's skirts. I called the Post Office in Baytown and spoke to one of the managers . He essentially told me that he could check the lockers in 20 min,and was unaware of a missing pump but would check the lockers again, and call me back in a half hour. In less than 20 Min he called, no pump, and no one who was aware of the missing package. I am now out 1 pump, 2 switches, and am dealing with an individual who in my opinion a totally unethical business man, and this is supported by his having an F rating with the Better Business Bureau in Baytown. I emailed Tom and gave him a chance to explain his actions and to this date have not had a reply . My advice is to steer clear of him as he has not demonstrated that he is a square shooter, and I would hate to see anyone else be taken. I now have to go and find replacement switches and a pump at my expense to take care of my customer,a $400 dollar lesson.Rick

storeman

Rick,
I'm sorry to hear that you have problems with Gulf Coast. I only bought from him once about 2 years ago but have sent several folks to him. That won't happen again.
Jerry :evil:

Isaac-1

Are you sure about that, I find it hard to believe there are 2 businesses in Baytown Texas that sell surplus generators, and both have a guy named Tom as their prime contact, and GC or Gulf Coast in their names.

Ike

p.s. I have had no actual dealings with Tom, just exchanged a couple of emails / messages about potential parts purchases as I tend to pass through Baytown a few times per year.

TucsonVTXF

Triple Jim changed the link in his post that I replied to it is now the correct link to GC trucks. I have emailed Tom a few times and he only replied once. I am playing with the idea of flying there and picking up parts and fly back if my other plans on here fall short

Last edited:

Rick L

Does anyone know the actual physical location of gulf coast?
Gulf Coast, is actually Bay Area Asset Management, 281-422-3200, operated by Tom Badgett, located at 410 Schilling st Baytown Tx, 77520, The man is a crook check BBB under Gulf Coast Trucks, and recently ripped me off for a inj pump and two Mep master switches. He hides behind his secretary's skirts, and has lied to me re the parts he has, and when they will be returned. I sent him a lot of customers via the stack and then to be screwed by him. I am out my customers switches, a pump, and months of lost time due to his BS.There other reputable people out there you can purchase parts from. Pass the word.

Triple Jim

Triple Jim changed the link in his post that I replied to it is now the correct link to GC trucks.
Yes, true, and sorry for the confusion. As soon as I posted the first link I realized I had the wrong one and fixed it, which took about 3 minutes. I didn't think anyone would have read it in that short a time. :-D

Badmoonrisn

A lot of promises and then disappears

Does anyone know Tom Badgett at Gulf Coast trucks? I sent him a MEP VR board which he said in email he would repair and send back to me (this was 19 July). He later responded to an email and said it was done (03 August) but since then....nothing. I called twice and he wasn't able to take my call and hasn't called back. I really just want my VR back...fixed or not.
I wondered if this is normal for them..maybe 1 month turnaround? Or maybe he has something big going on...
Thanks for any info.
I bought a '53 M38A1 jeep from him and he promised me a gas tank and an air cleaner (said he was going to mail it) have not received anything and he does NOT ANSWER his phone! But I know where he deer hunts, I will pay him a visit soon!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks