• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP Starter Issue--Not lockout switch?-Help

Gudge2

Oh and Speddmon. I did look at the diode behind K1, CR1. I don't have the knowledge to do a test. It "looked" fine. If I need one does anyone have a source?

skuhler

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong. If you have voltage to the lower terminal of K3, and when pressing start, have voltage to BOTH smaller terminals on left side of K3, but no voltage to top terminal K3, the solenoid is bad. Simple as that, right? All the checking just makes sure you have voltage to the smaller left 2 terminals.

Gudge2

Thanks. I'll double check voltage to the top of K3. I does crank when I hook a separate switch to the top and bottom of K3. So the solenoid does work, just not when I use the master switch. I guess that says something. I'll clean out the master switch as well.

skuhler

The solenoid is a magnet type thing that, when voltage is applied to the left two terminals, it pulls the solenoid together providing voltage from the bottom of K3 to the top of K3. So when you hook a switch to the bottom and top of K3, you bypass the solenoid completely, and the voltage flows thru your switch to the circuit, it still can be in the solenoid. I've not taken this one apart, and if someone has and it's different, please let me know. We use solenoids and contactors in my irrigation business to control 480v 3 phase to motors and such. Most times I've found solenoid problems to be dirt, and contactor problems to be shorts melting the plastic!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks