• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002 125% load

CDR

So here it goes I ran my generator for a about a half hour yesterday it was 30 degrees then put a 125% load on it. It ran great for about 15 minutes then it sounded like the motor was slowing up and black smoke was everywhere. I backed off the load to 75% and it ran fine again.

Is it a bad practice to run at 125% load? Why would it run great and then start belching smoke out all over

Thanks for the help

Dave

Jimc

cdr it could be that 125% and you were right on the edge of what that thing can handle then one little thing kicked on causing it to die. i have done the same thing with my 002. all that kicked on to send it in a downward spiral was a little micro fridge.

storeman

125% is a surge capability for relatively short periods. A great running unit may surge beyond 125 for a short time before either overwhelming the engine or blowing the main breaker. It is possible to run at 100% continuously at or near sea level and still have surge for well pumps, etc. Don't try to run a 125% duty cycle.

I think your generator acted normally.

Jerry

CDR

125% is a surge capability for relatively short periods. A great running unit may surge beyond 125 for a short time before either overwhelming the engine or blowing the main breaker. It is possible to run at 100% continuously at or near sea level and still have surge for well pumps, etc. Don't try to run a 125% duty cycle.

I think your generator acted normally.

Jerry

Happy to hear that my generator runs pretty good it held 125% load for over 15 minutes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks