• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002 low oil switch

CDR

Mine went dead yesterday so ever time I let go of the started the generator would shut down even with oil pressure.

So I determined it's a normally open switch.

Has anyone bought one before and from where?

Thanks for any help

Isaac-1

Chances are you can get one from any good auto/tractor parts store, just be aware that some are normally open and some normally closed. Or as Munchies said check your local Cummins Onan dealer, just have the right part number from the TM since I think the ones on civilian J series engines is normally closed.

Ike

TucsonVTXF

mine just was replaced due to it leaking I was able to find a switch at napa part number 701-1577 it is normally open set at 15lbs. I have not been able to try the generator out with it yet due to my injectors removed but it should work fine.... my gaskets will be here Thursday so I will be able to try the switch Thursday night

Last edited:

CDR

mine just was replaced due to it leaking I was able to find a switch at napa part number 701-1577 it is normally open set at 15lbs. I have not been able to try the generator out with it yet due to my injectors removed but it should work fine.... my gaskets will be here Thursday so I will be able to try the switch Thursday night
Just what I was looking for thank u!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks