• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep002a injector pump?

robkiller

robkiller

Ok i think its all back together. Now for the timing. Tomorrow i will be seeing about timing this thing. Any pointers? I know a few have mentions flow timing but i have not found directions on that just method one.

Jimc

Rob in the manual method 2 is the flow timing and should be listed right after method 1. Atleast it is in the 003 manual. The flow timing is really easy. Look in the manual. If its not in there let me know and i can post it up out of the 003 manual. Your timing pointer does need to be set pretty accurately though. It should be unless it uas been moved

Jimc

Really its the original pump and nothing has changed so timing should be right. All your doing is a check to make sure its all right.

Jimc

A breaker bar and a 5/8 socket on the blower wheel. You just take the fuel line off going to #1 injector. Reconnect it to the pump with the line aiming down so you ca catch the fuel in a bucket or something. Turn the switch to prime run so the pumps are on. Crank the blower wheel aroud until the fuel
come out the line. Continue turning until the fuel stops flowing suddenly. Look at the timing pointer. It should be rigjt in the pc mark

Jimc

You also havebto take the spring i think out if the distribution valve on the ip and remove the stop solenoid so the speed lever can be held in the up position. Its all in the manual.

robkiller

So some questions on timing.

What cylinder is number 1?
how do you know if its the compression stroke or not?

I am assuming i am installing the injector pump while trying this timing method?

Best way to judge 15 degrees?

I feel the instructions are half done. A few more pics would be nice on the manual lol

Jimc

#1 is the blower wheel end. Compression sroke happens just after the intake valve closes. Easiest way of course is to watch it close with the valve cover off. Shouldnt need 15 degrees for anything that i know of. You kust checking when the fuel flow stosp injecting into the cyl ehich should be dead on the pc mark

robkiller

So i only had a few min before dark to work on it. My wife had other plans for me today. Tomorrow we are expecting a very big storm so it may have to wait until next week ;(

Jimc

As long as you used the 1/8" drill bit and the teeth are meshed right then the timing should be right on or very very close. Timing is only changed with the timing button so its not like it can be adjusted. You have to change the button.

robkiller

It can be 180 degrees out (unless you line up with the PC mark). Still no damage, just no running.
Jerry
The way i see it is i have not run the unit since i took the pump out. I know what tooth it was on when it was taken off. All i did was fix it and placed it back the way it was. If that does not work then i will have to figure out the timing part.

Jimc

As Jerry said you should be fine. If you check with the flow timing method you'll know real quick an can be done in 5 min.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks