• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002A injector pump

hurst01

I bought a couple of the MEP002A Gensets. The last one had a stuck injector pump. When I bought the parts needed for the pump I had to buy them in quantities to get the parts I needed. I repaired mine and one for another board member. I have about 5 or 6 "O" ring kits that I have made up from the parts.
The parts are not necessarily always needed to get the pump unstuck but with the trouble of dis-assembly and reassembly I didn't want to take a chance on leaks. I have considered repairing stuck pumps for the gensets or selling the seal kits if anyone needs one of them.

Ed

O.D. Fever

I have fixed 2 of these stuck pumps in the gensets. Take off long hex nut, use needle nose pliers and remove delivery valve assy. put a brass punch in where valve goes and smack with hammer. roll engine over and smack again if needed. Don't loose the little plastic spacer.. Joe :-D

jbk

hey ed, if you want to part with 1 or 2 kits let me know what you need to get for them i have a couple of these generators and would be intristed. thanks jim

hurst01

I have fixed 2 of these stuck pumps in the gensets. Take off long hex nut, use needle nose pliers and remove delivery valve assy. put a brass punch in where valve goes and smack with hammer. roll engine over and smack again if needed. Don't loose the little plastic spacer.. Joe :-D
Joe, I thought about trying that but one of the forum members had his un-stuck by a injector pump repair facility and was stuck again. I repaired his at the same time I did mine. The plunger has three radius sides and one square side so that it will only fit one way and keep it from turning. They had pressed the plunger into the plunger guide oriented wrong and had damaged the guide. I didn't want to take chances on reusing it so I had to buy a new one. I also had to buy one for mine because it was broken in half. Expensive little fellers.

Jim, I will see what I have in the kits so that I can recoup some of the expense. I have been told that they have discontinued this pump. They sure were proud of the pumps, around $2200. Proud of the parts also.

Ed