• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002A... power to the starter????

hedgehog69

I haven't had time to apply the knowledge already given...and I will as soon as I can. ..................I need to look at the manual so I can call the parts properly, so forgive...for now.

BUT.......................A little more tinkering and I find when I turn the switch to 'START' position, a relay in the control panel will click. Thinking it is some type of solenoid. There are 2 of them that look identical...one right above the other.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BUT.......................A little more tinkering and I find when I turn the switch to 'START' position, a relay in the control panel will click. Thinking it is some type of solenoid. There are 2 of them that look identical...one right above the other.
Question, or fact?

Do you have a problem?

hedgehog69

Yes...lol...I thought this post would tag onto the original one. I have power to pumps and such, but when I put switch to 'start' position, the only thing that happens is the click behind the control panel.

I had a couple of responses to aoriginal post...Speddman and another...but need to find that post. this was just a little detail that just found...thought it may mean something.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two relays your are talking about are the "Preheat" relay and the "Crank" relay. The preheat one obviously energizes when you are moving the switch to the preheat position. But it also energizes when you go to the start position with the switch. The crank relay on the other hand will only energize when you are in the start position. You'll need to open up the panel and find out which is which and which one is energizing, as they both should be energized in starting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks