• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002A up and running....But....

1FAST4

Got my first GL, MEP-002A up and running with the help and input from all of you here at SS. Thanks!!!!

The unit runs great, everthing seem to be working as it should and I have good power coming from the convenience outlets.

One thing that I am not sure if it's normal is; when throttle is ajusted to 60Hz the freq gauge needle jumps quite a bit with or without a load, warmed up or cold. The gauge will jump around between 60hz- 63.5hz even when there is no change in RPMs

Is this normal or is something else going on?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do some more reading...the Hz gauges are notorious for going bad. It could be a loose wire on the gauge or the frequency transmitter, or a bad transmitter. Most of us don't rely on the gauge. You should always verify the frequency with a good multimeter or get yourself a "kill-a-watt" meter that shows frequency

CobraBrat

RPM does not have to change much to make the meter jump. Check
T M 5 - 6 1 1 5 - 5 8 5 - 3 4 section 7.3. Paragraph c.3 shows how to adjust sensitivity. I moved the sensitivity adjusting ratchet about half a turn clockwise to stabilize my frequency.

mistaken1

I will start my unit, verify 60Hz or so. Leave for 10 minutes. Come back to a meter showing 0Hz (generator still running strong). Leave for 10 minutes. Come back to a meter showing 60Hz.

The kill-a-watt can be set on frequency and plugged into the convenience outlet. I made a short cord so I could ty-rap the kill-a-watt in a position to make it easier to read.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks