• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002A - voltage/hertz issue

mopardude

Yes all the safeties are in place, i lost AC output when i had a light plug in ,then i checked AC volts with a meter on both lugs and outlet, it will drop out just randomly. thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
Need to look at the schematics to see from where each meter gets its input. And of course, it could be that all the meters are bad. One way to test the Freq Transducer, is to take it out. get two wires and connect the output side of the transducer to the meter. Then take an old extension cord and cut off the end of it. Hook it to the input side of the transducer, and then stick it into the wall socket. 120 VAC input should give you about 60 hertz.

Ray70

AND... Don't hook the wires up backwards, make sure the AC input is on the left and DC out to the gage is on the right on the + and - screws, keeping the polarity marked on the meter that same as on the transducer.
IF you accidentally hook the AC to the +/- wires simply detach the wires, place the transducer in a nearby garbage can, go in the house, grab a beer, sit down and think about how stupid a move that was.... or at least that's what I did once.... ONLY ONCE! ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks