• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a

jeepin

I picked up my MEP002a at Ft. Drum today. Neat thing about it is that it has the shipping labels showing it was shipped to Kuwait in 2004.
I have searched this site and noticed several guys saying they removed the stock fuel filters on the 002a and 003a. Is that still the best route, to go with a single spin on?

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

I picked up my MEP002a at Ft. Drum today. Neat thing about it is that it has the shipping labels showing it was shipped to Kuwait in 2004.
I have searched this site and noticed several guys saying they removed the stock fuel filters on the 002a and 003a. Is that still the best route, to go with a single spin on?

Who are you??????? Do I know you?

jeepin

Ohh, you must be the guys Kevin was talking about :wink:
I was there 1315, loaded up and after a quick look at the 818's and the upcoming CUCV's' was leaving the gate at 1400

What time were you there?? Me & Doghead were up there today getting 2 that me & dad got.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking you guys might want pics, so I had the wife snap this one just before Mudgoose left.
I should have known there was no way he could bring a trailer home without some extra junk on it. Let me guess, it's an HHO tank with 40 year old HHO in it?

mangus580

Its actually an empty HHO tank.... I have plans for it. Doghead set me up!! He kept saying... "Here take one of these tanks... we can toss it right on your trailer now"

Little did I know... he wanted to make sure the gypsy wagon lived on!!

More pics later when I go out to mess with the genset.

Jeepin... must be nice you got in the gate... Kevin musta been mad at us... He brought ours out to the middle!!! Wouldnt let us in.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the one his dad won(still here), I almost used it this morning when the power went out here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Eric, since they seem to be nearly giving the gensets away, if I bid and win, can you snatch it and store it?

jatonka

Hey, I went up and got my 10KW today in the Blizzard. Got back to Ephratah by 1:eek:o pm, went home, crashed, came back at 5:30 and had it running, making 240 volts by 6:30. I am real happy, I got lucky and picked a good pig in a poke. Now I gotta hope the power goes out. There is definitely something wrong with this picture, I know. JT out

mangus580

Good to hear JT.... Me and Doghead had both of mine up and running within an hour or so of returning to his house. Glad we chose yestarday vs today for the pickup!

jeepin

Mine is going too after filter changes/new oil. Won't charge the batteries though, anyone parting out a MEP002 or 003? I think I need the voltage regulator box.
Thanks.

mangus580

Mine is going too after filter changes/new oil. Won't charge the batteries though, anyone parting out a MEP002 or 003? I think I need the voltage regulator box.
Thanks.
What did you use for fuel filters? I am under the impression the NAPA ones dont fit right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks