• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003 Battery work

easttnemc

I spent the weekend reworking my battery area on my MEP-003a. Feel free to critique and let me know what you think.

I thought it turned out pretty good. All battery cables are 2/0, rubberized covers on all battery terminals and on the starter and ground lugs.

20140222_143106.jpg20140222_143122.jpg20140222_115104.jpg20140201_110605.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are the boxes attached to the frame?

I would suggest adding a battery disconnect on the negative to ground cable.

Looks nice.

easttnemc

I bolted each battery box down to the skid/frame rails that the original battery case was bolted to.
Then I lined the bottom of each with a battery-acid mat. The straps that are buckled on the top of each case only functions to hold the top covers in-place.

I have thought about a battery disconnect....currently, I just removed the short battery cable between the two batteries, so the circuit is incomplete. If I need to start it, I will just put the short battery cable back on.

10Lugger

That should ease the vibration on them when running. I would like to do an external mounted battery box for my 802, if I get 1 1/2 ton trailer.