• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep003 no voltage

gavland

I have beat my head against the wall with the TM's and still am lost.
my mep003 will get 20-30 volts as you start to crank it over only the first time in a day, then it just flat lines same with Hz. ( readings from outlet on my hand held gauge)
i have replaced the voltage regulator board and the A2 board.
every electrician I have asked to take a look at it says sure till I tell them it's military😡.
think it mite be just the diods in the back of the gen head but not sure, and can't find any part numbers in TM's to try to replace them.
any one know of some one in Pa/Philly area please HELP.
will travel couple hrs if I have to to get this up and going.

gavland

PS... I got it from GL at a New York DOT garage.
they helped my load it and told me it worked just fine when they put it in corner of fence 5 yrs ago ��

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you flashed the field? (In the TM)

pmramsey

Check the ground wires...There is a ground underneath the controller box. It rusts easily.

gavland

Yes I did try to flash it, with my house outlet. Hope that doesn't mater
only one time did the lights flash but still no electric.
i even tried putting 12 volts to the two terminals on A2 board like TM's says, still nothing

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you did the 12 volt test as in the TM then the problem resides in the gen head. Probably the diodes as you mentioned earlier. There is a procedure in the TM for changing them. And Jim posted a thread above with several part numbers in it. But here is a quote from that thread with the part numbers.

Cross Reference:
#27 NSN...5961-01-050-7048... 1N1204RA Semiconductor Device, Diode

#28 NSN...5961-01-054-4151... 1N1204A Semiconductor Device, Diode

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks