• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003 Question

Harleyd315

I have an 003 that I aquired for our FD. I did all my usual pre start checks and got it running just fine. I went to hook up my load bank in 3 phase to do a load check and had no power on L2 nor would the % of load meter work. I took the side covers off and checked for loose or missing wires,all was good. I then put the gen in 120/240 mode and had current to L1,2,and 3. I rotated the voltage switch multiple times it snaps into each position fine. I thought maybe the arrow knob on the switch was reversed but found out that it is indexed and only goes on one way. So 208 3ph is where 120/240 single phase is and vise versa. The question is, can this be fixed by changing some wires easily or should I just remark the knob and leave it alone?:???:

Isaac-1

It sounds to me like someone wired the switch wrong, you may want to check the TM for connection numbering and compare to the switch. I know on the the MEP-002a there were at least 2 different version of the switch installed with different wiring connections on each (2 are covered in the TM, but there may be a newer replacement also, this is the situation with the starter on the MEP-002a there are 2 starters listed in the manual, and mine has 3rd newer style, I say newer as it has a web address on the label), not sure about the MEP-003a though.

Ike

diesel dave

you can take the switch apart and reverse it-probably what has happened. i had a switch not working and tooke it apart to fix it . mine now works but is also reversed. left mine alone as i'm a firm believer in" if it ain't broke don't fix it"