• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep003

Walt4653

Got a good runner, needs dist box, can a 400 hrtz be used on a 60 cycle genset.
only thing missing is aux plug. Or will I burn something out
.thanks
walt

Is a mep003 10 kw

Walt4653

Speeddmon, the gentleman I bought it from said it will work, you are the expert, so when I call him what is different so I can talk like I know what I'm talking about,
thanks walt

LuckyDog

... so when I call him what is different so I can talk like I know what I'm talking about, thanks walt
Download and read the manuals for the 003 from the links in Speddemon's signature line.

Specifically you want: http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/Generators/TM5-6115-585-24P.pdf
Look at the parts diagram for the control cabinet starting with figure 12, page 42.
On page 43 is the list of parts.
There is a column titled "Useable on code"
Code Used On Serial Numbers
A MEP-003A EZ00001 thru EZ00118
B MEP-112A EZ00001 and UP
C MEP-003A BZ00001 and UP
If a part is marked A,C it is not used on the 400Hz.
If a part is marked B, it is not used on a 60 Hz machine.

There is a lot things different.

Walt4653

Ok, I looked at the TM, I placed a 400 hrtz on mt acquired set from Maryland , started genset up, went right to max hrtz on dial, shut off genset. Took my other dist box on my personal 10 kw put it on other set ran fine, gauges are a little off ( normal a few points, ) gen ran fine. What could my problem be . He has sold 4 others 400 hrtz to be used on 60 hrtz and had no problems besides it does not come with aux plug. Gen went to full load with 400 hrtz on it. Can anyone help? Checked voltages while running and they were normal., again gauges a little off. Had 60 hrtz on meter with my dist box on genset. Person I bought it from is great, name is Delaware lister and has a lot of 5 ton stuff and gensets. He is perplexed what spedm on wrote, saying it could be.

Triple Jim

I'm trying to understand your last post, but (sorry) I'm confused by "I placed a 400 hrtz on mt acquired set from Maryland, started genset up, went right to max hrtz on dial" and "Took my other dist box on my personal 10 kw put it on other set ran fine".

LuckyDog's post is on the money. By following his advice, you could build up a 60 or 400 Hz control cabinet, given enough usable parts. One big problem is that transformers are designed to be used at a particular frequency (Hz). Often a 400 Hz transformer won't like running at 60 Hz, and may even go up in smoke.

Triple Jim

Sorry, I was thinking of the control cabinet. It looks like the differences are mainly the reactor and the current transformer. I would not expect things to work correctly with the wrong ones in the circuit.

Walt4653

Just runs so good,

Basically , genset runs ok with 60 hrtz cont box , 400htz box don't run, will go to full. Load, if I knew how to post Picts I would, somebody might be able to help

Really sad today,

Triple Jim

Just click the little icon of a picture, 2nd from the right in the quick reply box. Then click "select files". Then you can choose the photo from your computer and upload it.

When you say "will go to full load", exactly what do you mean?

Why are you really sad today?

Walt4653

Well, have Togo for 2 disc replacements, one fusion, with 2 plates and ss screws, had meg test today, both arms failed test, with nerve damage, 4 hr operation, might lose voice,etc. might be paralyzed etc, well get back to genset, when I installed 400 hrtz dist box started gen, it went to 65 htz and was lugging like a full load applied. I have a 10 kw that runs fine, took out box on that placed in other unit ran fine.
Looking for 60 hrtz dist box and to solve all problems I will try to replace if anyone has one the complete generator assembly.

Triple Jim

Best of luck with your surgery. I'm sure I'm not the only one pulling for a successful operation and full recovery for you.

OK, now I get what you mean about the generator, thanks. I'll put some thought into that. It almost sounds like there's a shorted output, but as I said, with the 400 Hz reactor and current transformer, I don't think it's going to work in any case. The only reason I can think of for getting 65 Hz is if the governor cable is pulled too far.

storeman

Good luck on the surgery. I've had 2 at the neck level, including a 3 vertebrae fusion, and one on the lumbar. No fun but the surgery can help.

I'm still confused on your various configurations. 65hz would be pegged and may be due to a governor out of adjustment, regardless of throttle cable setting.

Jerry

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck with your surgery. I would recommend calling Delk's (+1 336-629-0991) and find out what they want for a used 60 Hz box. They have almost everything and I've found the prices reasonable in most cases.

edgephoto

Good luck with your surgery. I have had pinched nerves and they were not pleasant. I can only imagine what you are dealing with.

Your posts are very hard to read.

Maybe you can use vowels and sentences, please?:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks