• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003A opening main breaker at <75% load

delvin00

I need some guidance. My otherwise great MEP003A throws the main CB at 75% load as indicated by panel guage and my tester. I replaced the main breaker with a supposedly good one. Unfortunately it still does it. Where should I look next? Any help will be greatly appreciated.:roll:

Munchies

Could be a faulty Current transformer but thats a guess. double check your TM for this fault condition for some more clues. If that doesnt get you anywhere, read the mep-003a main breaker thread. Lots of info and measurements in there.
Lastly. Consider an oversized contactor to replace the breaker. They are quite troublesome.

LuckyDog

You may want to check the adjustment of R3.IIRC If R3 is not adjusted correctly, it will cause the circuit breaker to trip at the wrong levels. Section 9 in TM TM 5-6115-585-34

Isaac-1

Also what is the history on this unit, could someone have swapped out the box with the CT in it from a MEP-002a and not reset it for a MEP-003a? just a thought as that trip point would be about right for a MEP-002a. Again the first thing I would check is that R3 is adjusted correctly since this breaker does not trip like a conventional breaker, instead it relies on shunt tripping from the CT circuit.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks